Official Review: Building Your Financial Empire One Brick...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Official Review: Building Your Financial Empire One Brick...

Post by Mely918 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Building Your Financial Empire One Brick At A Time" by Wanda P Bowman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Building Your Financial Empire One Brick at a Time by Wanda P. Bowman is a nonfiction book filled with financial advice. The biggest thing that Bowman emphasizes in the book is financial independence and its importance. She provides ways in which anyone of any age can achieve this. Bowman draws from her own life experience to show her readers how to accomplish this. Her novel is basically a guidebook about planning for future prosperity.

The two main points that the author consistently highlights in her book are passion and purpose. It is her belief that an individual must have both in order to achieve financial success. She encourages her readers to let those two things drive them as they plan and build their financial empire. The book provides a thorough guide for better money management and budgeting, all while keeping those important concepts in mind. There are six parts to the novel, each detailing an essential aspect towards reaching the goal of financial independence.

There were many things I enjoyed about this book. I really liked how eloquent and descriptive Bowman was when explaining her points. She makes a lot of great arguments throughout the book and is able to back them up very well. She also draws from her own personal experience to validate her reasoning. That approach made her advice seem more practical and doable. Furthermore, even though the book’s target audience is young adults, she still manages to reach out to other age groups. She encourages anyone of any age to start building their financial empire. Bowman also provides examples of budget plans, which I thought was a great addition, especially for visual learners.

This book was generally well-edited and developed. It maintained a good flow and was very organized. My only small issue was some grammar mistakes that I caught while I was reading it. Even though they were minimal, they made the novel seem a bit sloppy. However, the overall content made up for it. While a little distracting, the errors did not take away from the book.

All in all, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It seemed professionally edited for the most part, despite the few errors. It was an excellent read and provided good financial advice. I would certainly recommend this book to young adults since I believe they could learn a lot from it. I also think anyone who is struggling financially would benefit from reading this book. However, this isn’t the best choice for someone who finds finances boring, or is simply not interested in guidebooks.

Building Your Financial Empire One Brick At A Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mely918's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

So many times, it seems like you have to be wealthy in order to accumulate wealth. I would be interested in hearing what the author has to say to see if she has any tips for those of us that aren't necessarily wealthy. It sounds like something we could all use. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Sounds like a helpful book. Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This reminds me of some things I've read by Dave Ramsey. Sounds like a good book.
Galnius
Currently Reading: The Last City of America
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galnius.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Galnius »

I am deeply interested in what tips she may have for struggling students.
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

A guide book about planning for future prosperity is a very encouraging read.I'my interested in such matters.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I should read this book before I start building my empire and increase my wealth. Although I do not dream of becoming a millionaire, it seems this book provides practical tips for people to manage their finances better and create the utmost budgets. Thanks for this useful review!
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

I agree with the author passion and purpose are two important ingredients to being financially independent. Both of those elements can also help you be happy in your career and life. This sounds like an interesting book that will help young people learn about finances. Thanks for the great review.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for your review. This should be a great book for people of all ages who need resources to aid them in saving and how to manage their money
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The author has some useful tips for future prosperity and shares about money management and budgeting. These things should be foundational topics for everyone to know. It makes it more interesting when the author adds in their own experiences and examples.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Im curious to find out what the author has to say about financial. Thanks for your review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I like that the author builds on approaches she has used and succeeded in. The book sounds very informative. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Thank you for your review. I like the idea of this read been very descriptive which definitely is a plus point to this read, but non-fiction texts as these bore me. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 2386
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Mely918 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 00:09 The two main points that the author consistently highlights in her book are passion and purpose. It is her belief that an individual must have both in order to achieve financial success.
I’d really like to know how the author explores these topics. Purpose, or living intentionally is certainly necessary for success, in my opinion. However, I’m not sure we all can follow our passions to achieve financial independence. It sure would be ideal, but I don’t know if it’s realistic.
I think we should all strive for improvement and I’d love to see younger generations being more aware of the necessity for planning your financial future, so I’m glad this is a helpful tool for this.
Thank you for your thorough review!
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your insightful review. I think individual definitions or measures of success could vary and I think mine would tend to veer away from what's more commonly-accepted. However, you've made this book seem to be an informative and helpful read for those who would like to attain financial success.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”