Official Review: Building Your Financial Empire One Brick...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Milton Samorlu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Building Your Financial Empire One Brick...

Post by Milton Samorlu »

Section 1 of building your financial empire one brick. What learned is ....
Your Passion for something before you think of doing it.
If you don't have the passion and you jump into doing, it is difficult to success
Mabel6
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mabel6.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Mabel6 »

I added to my interested in reading shelf as everyone can benefit from learning to save money and be comfortable financially.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

We're taught to read, write and compute from our childhood days. We're even taught choices on beliefs and values. But I don't think basic education gives enough emphasis on financial education and independence, wealth creation, investments, entrepreneurship and strategic planning based on resources. There should be more electives on setting up businesses, wealth creation and management in high school. Building Your Financial Empire One Brick at a Time by Wanda P. Bowman is for people who will have to seek the opportunities to create their own wealth and sustain it. This book is for people who will have to become self-made heroes, people who make it on their own ideas and risk-taking style. It's great to learn from Mely918's review that Ms. Bowman always drives home the point that passion and purpose are driving forces in self-made people and in wealth creation and management. The question has always been: How do we align our talents and our passions with the imperative to make money or earn a living so that at an early age, we can find the path to financial security and wealth, avoid the drudgery of minimum wage/dead-end jobs, and realize the first stage of happiness and fulfillment in life?
Last edited by Shas F on 26 Dec 2018, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Maria1975
Currently Reading:

Post by Maria1975 »

Re: OFFICIAL REVIEW: BUILDING YOUR FINANCIAL EMPIRE ONE BRICK AT A TIME by Wanda P Bowman

I have read a sample of this book and I agree with the author. Passion and purpose are very important to success in life. From what I have read in the sample I believe it is well written and easy to understand especially for young adults. The author gives good advice about doing what you love to make a living. I have always enjoyed reading books from authors who share real life experiences that they have learned from. I am unable to give this book a rating because I have not read the entire book. However, I look forward to completing it.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thanks for the review. This book does sound like it has some potential for readers to gain something beyond the "do this and you'll succeed." For most to gain financial growth money is needed. I'm hoping that this author takes that into consideration since they encourage the reader to move forward with purpose and passion.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

Based on the review, this seems to be a practical book with helpful tips in gaining financial independence.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Thanks for the lovely review, but I do not care for self-help books. Tomes about financial freedom especially stick in my craw since not everyone is in a position to follow the given advice. In this instance, what if a person doesn't even have clay, let alone a portion of a brick with which TO build? What if someone's "budget" consists of letting a utility get shut off or getting further behind in the rent or not eating for a few days because literally every penny they make goes towards a necessity, never mind trying to have any desires? Shall I call up Xfinity and tell them I'll pay for my Internet - which I DO need since I work from home - with my passion and purpose?
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Today's middle class needs all the help they can get when it comes to financial management. I'm interested in hearing how passion and purpose will play into the author's advice concerning financial independence and its importance.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

The author's advice regarding the importance of passion for what you do really appeals to me. Thanks for the recommendation.
SummerWine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summerwine.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by SummerWine »

Passion and purpose are definitely 2 attributes needed in order to succeed. I would add another one: determination or grit. Being able to overcome life's obstacles every time while keeping your eyes on the prize requires strength of will. Judging from your review, this is a very informative book and a good read for anyone who is ready to begin this path. Thank you for the review!
Rajanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 231

Post by Rajanis »

This seems to be a perfect read for those who need help with planning their finances. However, I find it boring. Thanks for the review.
rjlambrecht
Currently Reading: Winning the War on Cancer

Post by rjlambrecht »

Building your Financial Empire One brick at a time is based on following your passion. When you have compassion and interest in something you believe in, you have a better chance at being successful. The author offers nuggets of information learned to assist us in reaching financial freedom to enjoy our retirement.
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

I like the author’s tone and writing style. I’m glad I do because I think successfully writing a self-help book on becoming financially independent is no easy task. So I do believe I’ll be adding this one to my list! Thanks for the review.
bellaterrabooks
Currently Reading: On the Rez
Bookshelf Size: 256
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by bellaterrabooks »

Financial planning that is begun early is significant as a precursor for financial success. The guidance provided within these pages grants the reader access to a plethora of information in regards to approaching their own passion and purpose. These two essential aspects are paramount to a person’s success in life in all areas, including the financial. Therefore, this is an overall excellent teaching tool in establishing a foundation for any reader seeking guidance in a step-by-step fashion to establish a solid financial future.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Building Your Financial Empire One Brick At A Time by Wanda P. Bowman is a guidebook about planning for future prosperity. It includes #FinancialAdvice to achieve the #Goals of financial #Independence, proper money management and budgeting, #Career, and #Success integrated with purpose and passion.

I have not made up my mind whether to pick this book up or bypass reading it. Thanks for the review.

#NonFiction

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”