Official Review: Fighting For Our Tits by Lola Scarborough

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: Fighting For Our Tits by Lola Scarborough

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fighting For Our Tits" by Lola Scarborough.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A dreadful disease that confronts women all over the world is breast cancer. This ailment is not a respecter of persons; race, educational status or religion. While some women have previously lost their lives, others have spent huge sums of money trying to combat this disease. The victim keeps increasing at an alarming rate sending unfounded fears to women. It is upon this reason that Lola Scarborough has addressed this situation in her book Fighting For Our Tits. This is a non-fiction book published in 2018. As a visionary, a natural health and wellness consultant and a certified yoga teacher, Lola has addressed all the important concept pertaining to this disease. She has narrated the incidence that led her to attain such a dignified height. Based on her life’s experience, she has stated that her mission on earth is to assist women to break free from the bondage of breast cancer.

In her twenties, she developed myriads of female problems and endured several hospitalizations. She had five surgeries and four other hospitalizations with several mental breakdowns. She suffered all these because of instability in her marital relationships. In her quest to combat this menace, she has declared a winning war of breast cancer through strategic health practices and a positive attitude. She has established the fact that the causes and effects of cancer are within our control. From the yogic perspective, through special yogic practices, we can repair our own DNA. The human body is emotion driven-machine. Emotions, therefore, play a physical role in the body's system and overall health. People must, therefore, express their emotions without fear. The author has dealt with some natural paths to health and wellness. Some of these are acupressure, aromatherapy, astrology and floating therapy. She has explained each of these in details to the understanding of an average reader.

I have rated Fighting For Our Tits by Lola Scarborough 4 out of 4 stars. I can see the author did a lot of research before publishing this book. She has included research from other renowned health experts such as psychotherapist Carl Jung. All the strategic health practices explained have been tried by the author and have proven to be true and effective. The book is composed of well-organized chapters. Each chapter begins with a proverb that gives readers a clue to the contents of the chapter.  All the chapters also contain selected case studies which depict real-life situations used by the author to explain her points. Also, a series of questions have been raised relating to the contents of the chapters. This has enabled the author to engage her readers throughout each chapter. A summary of the subject matter is presented at the end of each chapter. Words of encouragement have been used to exalt readers. Readers have been cautioned not to become a prisoner of the past but rather a pioneer of the future.

Aside from these, she has demonstrated a command of the English language by using excellent literary devices and impeccable grammar. The author has pointed out the sources of her inspiration and has indicated places where additional information can be obtained. I see this book as a self-help book that will be of great use to all women. I, therefore, call on all benevolent organizations and individuals to assist in promoting this book for the benefit of society. However, professional medical practitioners may not like this book as some of the healing practices conflict with the ethics of their profession.

Also, The contents on page 64 cannot display on my android tablet device. I recommend the author tests her books on several devices to see if it works before publishing.

I have graded this piece of work done by Lola Scarborough with a distinction. It would be unfair if I penalized the book. I hope she will write more of such books for the benefit of society.

Fighting For Our Tits
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

This book goes beyond inspirational. It is a necessity. Kudos to the author on winning this arduous journey. Thank you so much for the thorough and engaging review.
Xander835
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Xander835 »

I must say the author really tried...breast cancer is a major problem...kudos to the author
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

This is for sure an inspirational book. Keeping a positive attitude in this situation is not that easy, so kudos to the author for using her own experience as starting point to provide help and comfort to so many women around the world.
Berry :wine:
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I love the title of this book! Sounds like an interesting read for sure, especially since so many of the women in my life have been personally affected by breast cancer.
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

I'm glad to hear that this author took a more proactive approach towards helping women heal from breast cancer. All too often, I have found that most other literature that has been written on breast cancer has just been depressing. This story sounds like it offers hope, and options that may be safer like yoga and healthy forms of emotional expression. I can see why some medical professionals may not like these different approaches, but they are certainly worth considering when we take into account the climbing rates of women with breast cancer. Thanks for the review!
:character-ariel:
Wise man
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Wise man »

really is a motivational book, written by lola,this book will help to encourage every women to seat up because breast cancer is no respect of any one,
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

Breaking free from the bondage of breast cancer is a goal many women are desperate to achieve. I’m sure this book will offer hope and natural alternatives to those affected by cancer.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Paiges-reads
Favorite Book: Immortals' Requiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paiges-reads.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Paiges-reads »

This does sound like an interesting book, however I'm doubtful every practice would be effective for every person just because it worked for the author. While I don't doubt a healthy mentality goes a long way to a healthy recovery, I'd be curious to see how much emphasis the author puts on it. Thank you for the review!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

Helpful books like this are rare, so I cannot pass the opportunity to read it. It doesn't only talk about the causes of diseases like breast cancer, but also expand on strategic health practices. Intriguing review!
Eve40 Love
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eve40 Love »

wow! this book really tried in giving women strength to fight for their tits and also telling us more about breast cancer. I love this,thank u so much.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

It sounds like this would be a very inspirational and useful tool for women going through breast cancer. Thank you for the thorough review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Asavela
Favorite Book: Island Games
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asavela.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Asavela »

Great review, it a very interesting story, we need to try different alternative about the treatment.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Such an informative book with a satirical title about breast cancer. Seriously, this is definitely a must read. Thank you for your detailed review of this book.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cynthia_300
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Cynthia_300 »

This book by Lola is sure an inspiration to all women. I love this.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”