Official Review: Doctrine of the Cross by JW Farquhar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Official Review: Doctrine of the Cross by JW Farquhar

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doctrine of the Cross" by JW Farquhar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Doctrine of the Cross by JW Farquhar explores biblical numbers, relevant figures, and word patterns in the Bible. Remarkably, Farquhar has discovered that each of these patterns corresponds to the image of the cross. The pattern of the cross repeats over and over again in a perfect, mathematical way that even the most skeptical of scientists can’t refute. Believers with an open mind will find this groundbreaking information amazing in its complexity and may even expand their faith and understanding.

I’m no stranger to the mysteries of the mind of JW Farquhar. I previously read and reviewed his latest book, Daniel’s Secret which blew me away with the unique ideas and patterns he presented. When I saw this book listed, I jumped at the chance to review it because as much as I enjoyed Daniel’s Secret, it left me wanting more.

More is exactly what you’ll get in Doctrine of the Cross. Whereas Daniel’s Secret was a less complex presentation of the basic ideas and conclusions Farquhar arrives at, Doctrine of the Cross is meticulously explained in detail with charts on nearly every page. I was particularly entertained by the beginning of the book because it quizzes the reader and urges them not to continue reading unless they can see the patterns Farquhar applies to the cross. Fortunately, I passed due to my prior familiarity with Daniel’s Secret, but I found myself wondering how I would have done without seeing it before.

For people not familiar with Farquhar, he’s a very brilliant, scientific man who also believes in God. He uses math and logic to actually prove the Bible is true. I’m no fan of mathematics and generally find it confusing, but the repeating numbers, patterns, and logic in this book are captivating. He’ll explain why 77 corresponds to the creation in Genesis, the life of Abraham, and the genealogy of Jesus, what 25 means and how it relates to Pentecost, who or what 666 actually is (and how to avoid it!), and the repeating pattern of the cross that appears scripturally in both Old and New Testaments. He’ll also reveal why he believes the Trinity has a fourth dimension, show you where Jesus is in the creation, and explain each mystery with detailed examinations of the scriptures.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Overall, the editing looks great with very few errors. I only noticed a typo here and there. This material is so interesting and complex that you’ll feel smarter after you finish reading. It will completely change your perspective, but also encourage you to grow in faith and come closer to God. I would honestly consider Farquhar a sort of prophet. The gift of discernment that resides in him is unparalleled. It’s difficult to explain his ideas without seeing them yourself, which is why I encourage everyone to read the start of the book and see if you pass the quiz. If you do, the possibilities are endless regarding the biblical mysteries you can demystify and discover. You don’t have to be a math wizard to enjoy this book, just curious enough to know exactly what all these biblical numbers and patterns mean. People less open to challenging the confines of religion may have a more difficult time embracing these ideas but could certainly benefit from looking over them. The only way to know for sure if this book is for you is to take the quiz and see.

Doctrine of the Cross
View: on Bookshelves

Like Momiji1987's review? Post a comment saying so!
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I'll pass on taking the quiz and reading the book, but I appreciate the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

For people not familiar with Farquhar, he’s a very brilliant, scientific man who also believes in God. He uses math and logic to actually prove the Bible is true. I’m no fan of mathematics and generally find it confusing, but the repeating numbers, patterns, and logic in this book are captivating. He’ll explain why 77 corresponds to the creation in Genesis, the life of Abraham, and the genealogy of Jesus, what 25 means and how it relates to Pentecost, who or what 666 actually is (and how to avoid it!), and the repeating pattern of the cross that appears scripturally in both Old and New Testaments. He’ll also reveal why he believes the Trinity has a fourth dimension, show you where Jesus is in the creation, and explain each mystery with detailed examinations of the scriptures.

Though I'm not typically interested in numerology, I find it very intriguing as described in your review. Thanks for the recommendation!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is amazing info. about a pattern of the cross being repeated in a mathematical way. The Creator is the greatest mathematician, scientist, and artist. Everything in creation has a mathematical number connected to it.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's a good book on mysteries of mind with the religious touch. The use of and logic makes this religious book different and unique. Thanks for this great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I am curious how the author fits this together. Some of his theories might be our there for me, but I am intrigued. Good review.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Sounds very educational but also sounds like a difficult read. I might have to pass. Glad you enjoyed it.
:tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”