Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Re: Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Post by Cecilia_L »

BunnySTx wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:40 Thanks for the interesting review. This was not what I was expecting when I came across this book. I was expecting it to be full of medical jargon and talking all the various medical stages that the author had to go through and how tedious it was. I like the author's approach to telling her story and how engaging it was for you. While the subject matter doesn't fully engage me I will keep this book on the shelf should I ever need to read it personally.
You're welcome. I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Princess Clara wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:44 The novel sounds like a therapy for patients preparing for surgery or operations. Anderson at the age of forty require a hip replacement. The process is painful. The post surgical stress is worrying but he learns to cope with it.
Thanks for your comment.
Bhagchandjain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Bhagchandjain »

A guide upon replacement of hip : what to do or not to do it’s all about answers which are generally emerges it’s a good book for persons who think about hip replacement
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

happynessc0 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:47 Very nice review. I'm not into non-fiction books because I think these guides can be all searched in Google. But after reading your review about the book I absolutely believe that this book about hip replacement surgery is worth buying and that you can't just simply search these stuffs on the internet. I will recommend this book to someone I know. Definitely worth it. Thanks for your review.
Thank you. Yes, the author definitely had some firsthand insight. I appreciate your comment.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

Thank you for your review. I like that the book has organised formatting and attention to detail. It really makes you appreciate everything the author has to say because it feels that the author spent a lot of time preparing the contents. Although the guidelines for helping a family member prepare their home in advance may be simple, I feel that it is useful because some people may forget these little things. However, I do agree that some may be put off with alternative pain management such as acupuncture.
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

Great review, I wish that I had come across this book earlier as I have a friend that had this surgery and I do believe that this book could have given her the preparation and understanding to better prepare herself both physically and mentally for the replacement. I do hope that anyone else going through hip replacement will consult this book. The book and the review both deserve a 4 star rating as they are very helpful and insightful.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

This book seems like an exceptional read. It's not the kind of topic I would expect to read about, but definitely seems like a very helpful one. Knowing how to help others or yourself after a surgical procedure can prove very useful for anyone in the future. I also like how Tiffany focused on the things she could do after her surgery instead of the things she couldn't do. It's a very inspirational outlook. Thank you for a great review!
PriyankaBhowmick
Favorite Book: Damn the cancer
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka-bhowmick.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by PriyankaBhowmick »

Butternut to Bionic:- This is a good guiding for who is going to the joint surgery. Written have the great experience about the surgery and she gave a good description of his experience in her book. I like the concept of this book.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this book appears to be a well written story about hip replacement; but in reality, it is much more. Through the struggles that the author deals with, it is shown that with effort, nothing is impossible. Well Done.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide for Hip Replacement Surgery by Tiffany Anderson' is an expansive one! I like the way it goes into the finer details of the story. It excels in relating to larger issue i.e addressing surgery in general.
KarinaBordas
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karinabordas.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KarinaBordas »

Although this is not something that I would rate at this time as I am not having - nor know anyone that is having - hip surgery, it definitely seems like a good resource for the future!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like a great read especially for those who have undergone such a surgery. It also sounds motivational and inspirational because I can understand how the author's fears about not being able to live her active lifestyle after the surgery would be greatly distressing but she got through it. Great and thorough review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

This would be a good reference book but I would probably not pick this book for now. I salute the author for sharing her experience. I could only imagine how hard it must be for her and her family.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

I can see how this book can be useful to those having surgery, know someone having surgery or has had surgery in the past and can use pain relief alternatives. I personally dont know anyone at this time, nor do I need help in this area. Therefore, I won't read this one right now.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

The book sounds very resourceful especially to people who at some point might go through a surgical procedure. I like that it is full of hope.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”