Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Re: Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. This one can help anyone who faces life altering challenges. It doesn't only have to be hip replacement.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Although I've never had any encounters with surgical procedures, I could learn a few things from this book. The author takes the reader into the world of a chronic illness patient, and details every step of the healing process.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

This seems like an important topic! I like that the author uses her first-hand experience to create a guide for those who have had hip replacement surgery. It's great to hear that the author's writing style was clear and concise, and that the book was well-organized. I also like that the suggestions included could be applicable to people who have had other types of surgery, not just hip replacement. Illustrations are definitely more entertaining than reading a book full of medical jargon, and even though there were alternative pain management suggested, I'm glad to know that they were not overpowering. I'm not sure this is for me, but I'm glad that you enjoyed this professionally-edited book! Thank you for sharing!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I appreciate the author's time to write such a helpful book on surgery and more specifically hip surgery. The simple guidelines for helping a family member prepare their home in advance for household accommodations they will need after surgery is quite on the mark. Nice review.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

Sounds like the book is a good mix of practical ideas and personal experience of hip replacement. I hadn't thought about how life-changing a hip replacement could be. It is wonderful that you related to and found this book helpful. Thank you for a great review.
Power Onyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-onyango.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Power Onyango »

I think this is an inspiring novel. It is a guide and has therapeutic sessions for persons with stress and other traumatic experiences. The author offers insight into his hip replacement operation and is moving on from the experience.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks a lot for the enchanting review. It is well-written. I will have to read this book, especially given that it can be read in a single sitting. What I like most is that the author not only shared her own experiences but also explored other possible scenarios.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

Being an non-fictional novel that focusses on hip replacement on Anderson life. I wish to read the book
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

This sounds like an educational read and a great resource to those who have undergone hip replacement surgery. I am sure there are those out there who will find this very helpful. Thanks for a comprehensive review.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

This book is really important as it tackles an issue rarely talked about and many shy away for it. I look forward to reading it in future. Thanks for the free copy on Amazon Kindle. Thanks for your review Cecilia its epic.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

I’m sure this would be very educational and helpful to those in a similar situation. I won’t be reading this one though but would definitely recommend this to anyone I know that is in need of a hip replacement.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I appreciate that, for a serious topic, the read was somewhat light and quick while still being filled with information.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

A concise guidebook on hip replacement will be very helpful to deter unnecessary worries regarding the surgery and to create awareness. Wonderful how a book on such a topic can be made easy to read. Thanks for the informative review!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I am not in need of hip replacement surgery and I don't know anyone who is going through it yet, but this sounds like an incredibly valuable resource for those who are or know people who are. I actually like the alternative healing ideas, although I'm not a big fan of acupuncture myself. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. A courageous and very helpful person Tiffany Anderson has come up with her personal story of her motivational life-journey where she went through a lot of physical discomforts and mainly two hip transplants. As mentioned in the official review by Cecilia_L this book would be a very significant guide for any person who wants a better understanding of something like hip replacement or similar surgeries and can help themselves or others accordingly. Hats off to Tiffany Anderson. :) :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”