Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Re: Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Post by Vickie Noel »

Wow, there are so many thing people experience out there. I personally have never heard of hip replacement procedures. For an author to take a subject which may not be of great interest to many and be able to hold their attention speaks volumes. The material isn't of immediate necessity to me though, but I can see how useful it will be to those in need of the information it contains. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

Helpful informative books are always the best. I find this one important. I'm glad the author shared the same techniques she used to overcome her pains at her trying period, with her readers. Thanks for the well written review. :tiphat:
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

I as a Homeopathic physician wants to congrats the author for writing such an inspirational and educational book. Providing information plus other alternatives to the patients is a remarkable job. You have nailed it. 💐💐👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's a very valuable book on hip replacement as the author shares her personal experience here. This book will be beneficial for readers. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

timd wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:51 The review makes what sounds like an uninteresting topic sound actually interesting and a pleasure to read. For someone facing the prospect of surgery, either themselves or a member of their family, this is obviously an ideal book. I tend to agree with the reviewer that I am not really in favour of alternative pain management solutions. A very informative review.
Thanks for commenting.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Asavela wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:51 The book is really educational. I can't wait to start reading it.
Thank you.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

JuliaKay wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:53 I think this is an interesting concept for a book, but it's not a book that I believe I would enjoy reading. I have known many people who have been through the hip replacement process, however, so I do think it's good that someone would write about to offer more information on what to expect before, during, and after the operation. Thanks for the review.
I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

bellaterrabooks wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:03 One of the single most important components that dictate a successful outcome of any medical procedure is a positive attitude. The author’s approach of preparing the body and the patient’s surroundings for hip replacement is a positive outlook towards what could be a life-changing surgery. Using empowerment, supportive therapies and surrounding the patient with an exceptional amount of supportive social group members can return the patient to an active lifestyle in record time. This author has done a service to those people facing these procedures by giving them another tool in their collective toolbox.
Thanks for your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

sanjus wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:11 It is true that the surgery of hip replacement seem to be scary and overwhelming because treatment is complex with lot of medical procedure requirement as well as one becoming temporarily handicapped during and after surgery for a while. However by writing such a book author given some important guidance which could be useful if somebody has to undergo similar treatment.
Thanks for commenting.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

jedreid wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:14 i don't know anyone who has to go through hip replacement surgery or the likes (i hope i wouldn't) but just in case i'll be keeping and reading this book just the same as i'm sure that there's a lot to learn from this or be inspired with like the author's braveness and positive attitude. thanks as well for such an informative review. good job!
I appreciate your comment. Thank you.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Momiji1987 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:27 It’s nice to see a unique book like this for patients about to undergo a difficult surgery. It’s great that it also holds your interest.
Thank you.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

OnceInTime wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:30 :techie-studyinggray: This book is about health but it's unique. Considering the height of such surgeries in our world today I believe this book will teach a lot to most us. For me it's a good one. Great review. Thanks.
Thank you. I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Miss_BeckyG wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:37 Nothing ever prepares one enough for surgery or other medical procedures. The best one can do is be aware and informed. This book is a great resource on hip replacement surgery. To learn from other peoples experiences helps take the edge off even a little.
Thanks for your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Lorixann wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:38 The book sounds interesting, and honestly sounds very insightful and informational and written in a way that would be easy for others to understand (especially since you pointed out that the book wasn't garbled with medical jargon). I feel like this book could really help someone going through, or have already gone through, the hip-replacement process.

Personally, this wouldn't be a book I would pick up and read, but I will definitely keep it in mind for those who might need some of the helpful information! Thank you for your review!
You're welcome. Thanks for commenting.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

NuelUkah wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:40 An interesting read on a rare subject. A good thing the book is a personal experience of the author, and she didn't flaunt all those ambiguous medical jargons throughout the pages.
Thank you for commenting.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”