Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Re: Official Review: Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide fo...

Post by Cecilia_L »

Juanita700 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:45 I find the review echoing what I just read in a few pages. It gives a lot of practical advice about hip replacement. Taking responsibility for your health sounds like very good advice. I don't need this kind of advice right now, but it is always good to see the world through other peoples eyes.
I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Dolor wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:47 Tiffany Anderson's Butternut to Bionic: A Resource Guide for Hip Replacement Surgery is a #NonFiction #Guide for #HipReplacement #Recovery and #Healing. She shares her firsthand experience and addresses many of the concerns related to the surgery and postsurgical healing.

It's a great addition that the book was free from grammar errors, but I have not made up my mind yet whether I'll read the entire story or not. Thanks for the great review.

#FreeBook
You're welcome. I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

zarah_ wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:50 It's good to have information like this readily available, and presented in an interesting manner. Hip replacement surgery can be an intimidating topic and thankfully others who have gone through, or will be going through such, will have this book.
Thanks for your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Bookmermaid wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 16:52 The review was quite engaging and certainly encouraged the wary reader to read this book if they are in need of such health guidelines.
Thank you for commenting.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

Cecilia_L wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:27
Kalin Adi wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 15:06 Indeed, this book is quite handy. We don't know what will happen to us in the future. Just a month ago, my grandma was at the supermarket when she fell down, and a surgery had to be performed. It was an abrupt situation for everyone, but especially for her. The person's life changes in an instant, and the period of adaptation is long. All the family is affected. Therefore, books like this one helps to alleviate and/or prepare the injured and his/her family members.
That's a great point. I hope your grandma is doing better. I appreciate your comment.
As I said, it's a long process, but she's getting better little by little. Thank for your wishes.
ReneeBrown
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: the brave and the wicked by Brandon clarke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReneeBrown »

This seems like a really specific book. Good thing it is well-written. I think I would pass on this book since I don't relate to the topic. Thanks for the review!
Quickstudy
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quickstudy.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Quickstudy »

As a woman, who is getting older this book is informative and frightening. I have witnessed the pain that can accompany these types of injuries. Anything that eases the pain is eagerly welcomed.

Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”