Official Review: Free Traffic Frenzy by Don Sevcik

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Official Review: Free Traffic Frenzy by Don Sevcik

Post by Camille Turner »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Free Traffic Frenzy" by Don Sevcik.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Free Traffic Frenzy by Don Sevcik is an extremely helpful book for anyone looking to learn more about SEO and grow traffic to their website. The book covers a wide range of pertinent topics such as the basics of what SEO is and how it works and an in-depth look at what factors play into how your website ranks in search engines. The latter includes actionable steps like how to improve page speed and avoid site errors. The goal of this book is to teach website owners how to grow visitors without spending money on advertising.

There are many positive qualities about this book, and as a business owner who relies on her website for clients, I found it one of the most insightful books I’ve read. For starters, Sevcik writes in a way in which anyone can understand, even those of us who are not at all tech-savvy. His writing is incredibly clear and well organized, and his ideas build upon one another in a simple but effective manner. What I loved most about his writing style was that he gets right to the point, avoiding unnecessary language and writing—which is also one of his tips for posting good content on your website—and his use of metaphors. Tons of metaphors are used to explain otherwise technical web terms, and as a result, previously mystifying concepts became crystal clear for me. It was like finally breaking the code to a foreign language I’ve never been able to understand.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as it deserves nothing less. It’s one of those rare books where I feel it would appeal to any type of reader interested in the subject of SEO and running a website. It’s equally interesting for those with previous knowledge of web design and SEO. Sevcik offers so much fantastic and original advice that it benefits both the newbie like me and someone already well-versed in the subject. I honestly don’t have any negative aspects to call attention to other than the few grammatical errors and typos—eight in total—but they weren’t big problems that tripped me up.

Another reason this book is so easy to understand and Sevcik’s advice so credible is because he always backs up his ideas with data from his own business website, MathCelebrity, which has more than 450,000 unique monthly visitors. He writes matter-of-factly what worked and what didn’t work while trying to build up site traffic. Using examples of his own site also helped me understand how to apply his concepts, and I was very impressed at how each idea thus became an actionable possibility.

As is already clear, I thoroughly enjoyed Free Traffic Frenzy, and I came away with loads of ideas for my own website. I have read many books and articles on getting a website to show up in search engines, but this one was by far the most applicable and the easiest to understand. I thought Sevcik’s writing was a breath of fresh air in the usually confusing SEO world, and I recommend this book to anyone who has or is considering building a website.

Free Traffic Frenzy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Camille Turner's review? Post a comment saying so!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Thanks for your review!
I´m trying to learn SEO too and this sounds like a very useful tool. It´s more reliable than other ways of driving traffic, and I´m glad it´s explained clearly and backed up with his experience.
I´ll give it a try!
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This is such an excellent review. You highlighted so many great things about this book. I like that a reader at any stage of web design/use can benefit from this book, the author used examples from his own experience, and that his advice is actionable. I don't have a business and don't do web design, but I recently went through some proposals provided to my company from web designers who wanted the business of designing my company's site. I think this book would have been beneficial for me when going through those proposals.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I am not a business owner nor do I have a website. Nonetheless, I would be interested in how you increase traffic to one. It sounds like it's very accessible, though I have to admit that I don't even know what SEO is. So I'm not sure I would really be a good audience for this one. Thanks for the review, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I don't have a website, but I have always been interested in how people get others to their websites if they don't advertise. Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Apostle Paul
Favorite Author: Garth Gunston
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
fav_author_id: 41155

Post by Apostle Paul »

It looks agreat idea to help people in day to day experience of life and what do in building you life and business to make big I recommend all people to read who desire to build their lives and business l would would to read it too
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Lunastella wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 09:16 Thanks for your review!
I´m trying to learn SEO too and this sounds like a very useful tool. It´s more reliable than other ways of driving traffic, and I´m glad it´s explained clearly and backed up with his experience.
I´ll give it a try!
I definitely recommend it for you then. I find SEO and really anything to do with websites so intimidating and difficult to understand, but this book makes it a lot easier. I hope it helps you in your journey to learn about SEO! Thanks for commenting. :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

kfwilson6 wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 09:18 This is such an excellent review. You highlighted so many great things about this book. I like that a reader at any stage of web design/use can benefit from this book, the author used examples from his own experience, and that his advice is actionable. I don't have a business and don't do web design, but I recently went through some proposals provided to my company from web designers who wanted the business of designing my company's site. I think this book would have been beneficial for me when going through those proposals.
Thank you so much! Yes, I agree that it would have been beneficial for you. There is so much that goes into web design, and it's always helpful to have an idea of what you want to see in proposals. I for one find it so tricky but was glad to get some clarification from this book. Thanks for commenting, and I hope your company's site turns out well! :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

kandscreeley wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 09:43 I am not a business owner nor do I have a website. Nonetheless, I would be interested in how you increase traffic to one. It sounds like it's very accessible, though I have to admit that I don't even know what SEO is. So I'm not sure I would really be a good audience for this one. Thanks for the review, though.
It's definitely a fascinating topic and so necessary in today's marketing world. Thanks for commenting! :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

AmySmiles wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 09:48 I don't have a website, but I have always been interested in how people get others to their websites if they don't advertise. Thanks for the review.
It really is quite interesting! I had no idea there's so much that goes into it. Thanks for commenting. :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Apostle Paul wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 10:02 It looks agreat idea to help people in day to day experience of life and what do in building you life and business to make big I recommend all people to read who desire to build their lives and business l would would to read it too
It really is! There are so many books out there that say, "Just do this and the traffic will come" but that almost never works. This book actually takes you through the steps and encompasses all of the components rather than promising you a miracle overnight, and I really appreciated that. Thanks for your comment! :)
cpru68
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

What a great review in that you found you were able to read this and then begin applying it to your own business. I have had a blog dying on the vine for years, and I know I could do better with it. This one looks of great interest to me. I think I need to check into it. Thank you for this insightful review.
Everything happens for a reason...
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

cpru68 wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 14:39 What a great review in that you found you were able to read this and then begin applying it to your own business. I have had a blog dying on the vine for years, and I know I could do better with it. This one looks of great interest to me. I think I need to check into it. Thank you for this insightful review.
You should definitely check it out as I'm sure it could help with your blog! Thanks for commenting! :)
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I love your statement that "it was like finally breaking the code to a foreign language I’ve never been able to understand." This book sounds informative, practical, and applicable in today's society. I'm glad the author was able to communicate in such an effective way. I will add this to me "Want to Read" shelf because I have no doubt that it will become useful to me at some point. Thanks for a fantastic review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

stacie k wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 15:59 I love your statement that "it was like finally breaking the code to a foreign language I’ve never been able to understand." This book sounds informative, practical, and applicable in today's society. I'm glad the author was able to communicate in such an effective way. I will add this to me "Want to Read" shelf because I have no doubt that it will become useful to me at some point. Thanks for a fantastic review!
Thank you so much! Oh good, I'm sure it will prove useful, as you said. In today's business world, we all need to know a bit about SEO and websites whether we have our own site or not. Thank you for reading my review and commenting! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”