Official Review: Free Traffic Frenzy by Don Sevcik

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Re: Official Review: Free Traffic Frenzy by Don Sevcik

Post by daydreaming reader »

I don't currently have a website, but it is certainly in my plans for the future. This book seems as though it will be a big help. Thank you for the great review!
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I am constantly looking for ways to improve SEO for my website which can be a daunting task. I agree that many resources make a challenging subject even more complicated. I was happy to read from your review, that this one is easier to understand. I'm adding it to my reading list. Thanks for the recommendation!

For those of you wondering what SEO is--I didn't know before owning a website--it's Search Engine Optimization. In a nutshell, improving it makes your website more visible when readers search online.
Lisa A Rayburn
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Although I don't have my own website (yet), it sounds like this would be a very helpful book. I have tried SEO just a bit in the past when freelancing but I don't have a good grasp of it. I think I will add this to my bookshelf for future reading. Thanks for the review.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I have no idea what SEO means! Anyway, it would be great to learn new things especially one that has to with driving traffic and helping your website show up on search engines.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

daydreaming reader wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 20:22 I don't currently have a website, but it is certainly in my plans for the future. This book seems as though it will be a big help. Thank you for the great review!
Yes, I would definitely check out this book before starting your site! Thanks for reading my review and for your comment. :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Cecilia_L wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 21:05 I am constantly looking for ways to improve SEO for my website which can be a daunting task. I agree that many resources make a challenging subject even more complicated. I was happy to read from your review, that this one is easier to understand. I'm adding it to my reading list. Thanks for the recommendation!

For those of you wondering what SEO is--I didn't know before owning a website--it's Search Engine Optimization. In a nutshell, improving it makes your website more visible when readers search online.
I agree that it can be a daunting task. I hope this book helps you with that! I've always been intimidated by the subject in the past, but this read definitely shed light on some things for me. Thanks for commenting and for explaining SEO to those who don't know what it is. :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Kelyn wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 04:16 Although I don't have my own website (yet), it sounds like this would be a very helpful book. I have tried SEO just a bit in the past when freelancing but I don't have a good grasp of it. I think I will add this to my bookshelf for future reading. Thanks for the review.
Yes, it will certainly help you whether you plan to start a webpage of your own or do more freelancing in the future. I find it such a difficult subject, but this book helps a lot. Thanks for commenting! :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

christabel88 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 05:47 I have no idea what SEO means! Anyway, it would be great to learn new things especially one that has to with driving traffic and helping your website show up on search engines.
It means Search Engine Optimization (as you put it perfectly, it's how your website shows up on search engines). I find it such a tough subject, but the book helped a lot. Thanks so much for reading my review and commenting! :)
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Cecilia_L wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 21:05 I am constantly looking for ways to improve SEO for my website which can be a daunting task. I agree that many resources make a challenging subject even more complicated. I was happy to read from your review, that this one is easier to understand. I'm adding it to my reading list. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks. I had never heard this acronym before.
This does sound like a good book especially since he is talking from experience.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Camille Turner wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 10:42 I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as it deserves nothing less. It’s one of those rare books where I feel it would appeal to any type of reader interested in the subject of SEO and running a website. It’s equally interesting for those with previous knowledge of web design and SEO. Sevcik offers so much fantastic and original advice that it benefits both the newbie like me and someone already well-versed in the subject. I honestly don’t have any negative aspects to call attention to other than the few grammatical errors and typos—eight in total—but they weren’t big problems that tripped me up.
I'm so happy I saw your review. I need to read this book, having been on a quest to improve my own SEO lately. I am kind of new to it as well, and could use a good guide. This will be it. I really enjoyed reading your review. Insightful, thorough, and well written, as always. Thanks so much.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Eva Darrington wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 12:34
Camille Turner wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 10:42 I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as it deserves nothing less. It’s one of those rare books where I feel it would appeal to any type of reader interested in the subject of SEO and running a website. It’s equally interesting for those with previous knowledge of web design and SEO. Sevcik offers so much fantastic and original advice that it benefits both the newbie like me and someone already well-versed in the subject. I honestly don’t have any negative aspects to call attention to other than the few grammatical errors and typos—eight in total—but they weren’t big problems that tripped me up.
I'm so happy I saw your review. I need to read this book, having been on a quest to improve my own SEO lately. I am kind of new to it as well, and could use a good guide. This will be it. I really enjoyed reading your review. Insightful, thorough, and well written, as always. Thanks so much.
Thank you so much! I am sure the book will prove helpful for you as well in your journey to improve your SEO. It has been such a help to me. Thanks for reading my review and commenting! :)
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Camille Turner wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 21:48
christabel88 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 05:47 I have no idea what SEO means! Anyway, it would be great to learn new things especially one that has to with driving traffic and helping your website show up on search engines.
It means Search Engine Optimization (as you put it perfectly, it's how your website shows up on search engines). I find it such a tough subject, but the book helped a lot. Thanks so much for reading my review and commenting! :)
My pleasure!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”