Official Review: A Comprehensive Guide To The Male Mind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Official Review: A Comprehensive Guide To The Male Mind

Post by Kristy Khem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Comprehensive Guide To The Male Mind" by M.B. McDonald.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What are the deepest desires of men? What secrets do their minds hold? Can understanding the male mind help us with our relationships with them?

A Comprehensive Guide to the Male Mind is a short, easy-to-read book by M.B. McDonald. The author has studied the male mind through interviews, cognitive testing, and years of research. Despite the differences in socio-economic backgrounds, ages, and cultures, all adult men seem to display the same thought patterns. McDonalds’ findings are beautifully laid out in two chapters. The unique discoveries unearthed in the author’s study are shocking but true.

This was a marvelous book. I thoroughly enjoyed every page of it. I really appreciated the author’s approach to presenting her findings. Initially, I was very surprised by the bluntness of the language, but I quickly became accustomed to her style of writing. I think the book was written similarly to the frank manner in which men typically express themselves.

The fonts used in the book were very large. Actually, every single word in the book was written in capital letters. This made it very easy to read. As a matter of fact, I completed this book in less than five minutes due to the large, boldly printed words. It is rare to find a book which is short, meaningful, easy on the eyes, and also caters to adult readers. Therefore, I was pleased with the layout.

Readers will either love this book or hate it because not everyone can appreciate the humor in it. To me, the manner in which the author portrayed the elements of the male mind can be considered a tad satirical, yet it was blatantly entertaining. Honestly, I burst into loud laughter while reading. In one instance, I had expected something completely different in the second chapter than what was actually written. I wish I could give more examples, but I do not want to give away spoilers.

This book contained zero grammatical errors. I strongly think that it was professionally edited. A Comprehensive Guide to the Male Mind deserves to be rated 4 out of 4 stars for its blunt, hilarious narrative which is extremely easy on the eyes. Although women may gravitate towards this book more than men, males will also agree with the contents of this book. For this reason, I think that both genders will enjoy it. This book will appeal to a wide range of readers, from young adults to elderlies. It will also make a nice gag gift for a female friend or lover. However, people who are easily offended by gender-related humor may not appreciate it.

A Comprehensive Guide To The Male Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KristyKhem's review? Post a comment saying so!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The book sounds funny to be able to comprehend the male mind and in a short book! You have perked my interest to read the book. Thanks for your review.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Now this is an immediate addition to my reading list! The title got me intrigued, and your review confirmed my gut sensation. A book with a witty sense of humor is worth reading. Thank you for the vivid review.😃
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I am intrigued by both the title and your review! I get the sense this one is more of a fun read than a serious one.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I considered reviewing this book but was put off by some of the Amazon feedback. Thanks for the clarification. Great review!
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Dael Reader wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 08:11 I am intrigued by both the title and your review! I get the sense this one is more of a fun read than a serious one.
Thank you! Yes, you are right. It was a fun read!
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

LV2R wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 04:50 The book sounds funny to be able to comprehend the male mind and in a short book! You have perked my interest to read the book. Thanks for your review.
Excellent! I hope you find it as enjoyable as I do :)
Manaka
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manaka.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Manaka »

The book title is interesting, reading the review that which is well done and captivating, I feel I need to read the book. I believe I will find it informative, humorous and easy to read, it will be my next book to read immediately I lay my hands on it.
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Manaka wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 13:14 The book title is interesting, reading the review that which is well done and captivating, I feel I need to read the book. I believe I will find it informative, humorous and easy to read, it will be my next book to read immediately I lay my hands on it.
Excellent Manaka! I am sure you will find it hilarious :lol:
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

You finished this book within 5 minutes? I'm not really sure what you can get out of such a short read. Your review is quite intriguing and has made me very curious. Excellent job!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

It sounds like a great effort understanding male mind, which the author depicts in this book through various interviews. The presentation also look good to read it on priority.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
swlly
Currently Reading: City of Bones; (The Mortal Instuments)
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swlly.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by swlly »

I have no read this book yet, I saw it on amazon and wondered if I should read it. After reading your review, I definitely want to give it a shot now. This book could be very insightful and helpful in my life haha :).
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

kfwilson6 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:58 You finished this book within 5 minutes? I'm not really sure what you can get out of such a short read. Your review is quite intriguing and has made me very curious. Excellent job!
Yes, I completed it within 5 minutes! Each page contained only 1 word :lol: Despite this, you will find it highly entertaining!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”