Official Review: Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Re: Official Review: Prayer is Good: A Path from Grief to Peace

Post by Espie »

I've just placed this book in my "Want to Read" list. It's a kind of positive read to look for especially when circumstances beckon such to be. Like Britty01, I think it'll be helpful and inspirational enough to readers wanting a glimmer of hope and worthwhile measures to go through tougher times, too. Thank you for your straightforward review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

Coloring and journal pages at the end of the book sound like a really good addition. Good move from the author. Thanks for your review!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

I do believe that prayer is really good. However, this book is not something I voluntarily pick up to read. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. Thanks for the refreshing review.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for your lovely review. It is always good to hear of how people cope in different situations. This could be helpful for others going through similar situations.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

This sounds like an interesting read. I'm intrigued on how she uses tea to create a meditative space. Thanks for the balanced review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Even if it´s not Christian, the power of praying, or at least devoting some time to reflection and gratitude is undeniable. Practices like journaling and coloring, that encourage mindfulness and relaxation have also been proven to be highly beneficial so I really applaud this book.
I´m definitely going to read it and recommend it. Thanks for a very inspirational review.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

This sounds like a perfect book for those searching for peace in the midst of grief. I look forward to reading it.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
Davinasmith18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davinasmith18.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Adversity ( Relaunched) by Nelson J Fowlkes

Post by Davinasmith18 »

This sounds like a great book. From your description is sounds like it is a very interactive book. What I really like is that it sounds like it is a guide but yet allows for a very personal experience and journey. I also think creating a meditative space with candles, flowers, oils and things sounds relaxing and refreshing for mind, body, and soul.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

cpru68 wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 14:54 What a nice way to draw people closer to inner peace by using various means of meditation, scripture, journaling and coloring pages. While reading your review, I was thinking that this would be such a great gift to someone who is going through a hard time whether divorce, death..any type of tragedy that would require emotional healing. Sounds so good! Thank you for this review.
Thank you for such kind words. I agree that this would be a great gift book for someone struggling with a hard time.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Britty01 wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 19:17 This sounds like a wonderful book for someone who has suffered a loss. It has comforting messages and through the pictures and coloring opportunities, it offers a peaceful activity for the bereaved. Being able to journal is also a good thing for those that are able to. I thoroughly enjoyed this thoughtful review and felt that all the essential elements of this book had been bought out fully and clearly.
Thank you for your wonderful comments. This is a wonderfully peaceful book, and I thoroughly enjoyed the read.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Espie wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 19:23 I've just placed this book in my "Want to Read" list. It's a kind of positive read to look for especially when circumstances beckon such to be. Like Britty01, I think it'll be helpful and inspirational enough to readers wanting a glimmer of hope and worthwhile measures to go through tougher times, too. Thank you for your straightforward review.
I hope that this book offers hope and encouragement to anyone needing that support. I found it to be both very enjoyable and very encouraging, and I hope others do, too.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Jennifer Fernandez wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 20:21 Coloring and journal pages at the end of the book sound like a really good addition. Good move from the author. Thanks for your review!
Yes, the author did some wonderful work with making this an interactive book in a way that I had not really seen before.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Dolor wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 20:48 I do believe that prayer is really good. However, this book is not something I voluntarily pick up to read. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. Thanks for the refreshing review.
It certainly is not for everyone, and that’s okay. I appreciate your comments on the review!
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

trajoe1206 wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 22:32 Thanks for your lovely review. It is always good to hear of how people cope in different situations. This could be helpful for others going through similar situations.
I agree, and I know that I’m keeping this one in the back of my mind for others I might encounter that would benefit from this author’s experience and wisdom.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Cotwani wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 23:22 This sounds like an interesting read. I'm intrigued on how she uses tea to create a meditative space. Thanks for the balanced review.
The tea was an interesting element that surprised me. I could see myself sitting down with a nice cup of tea and embracing the word of the day and being very encouraged by that practice.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”