Official Review: War of the Two Kingdoms

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Official Review: War of the Two Kingdoms

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "War of the Two Kingdoms" by Pastor David Ashun.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Why is there is so much suffering in the world? Do angels really exist? Why are some prayers answered while others seem to go unanswered? These are several of the thought-provoking questions addressed in War of the Two Kingdoms by Pastor David Ashun.

Pastor Ashun contrasts the spiritual world from the physical. He further elaborates on the two kingdoms within the spiritual world: light and darkness. He explains the origin of the war between these two kingdoms that are battling for the allegiance of man. Even so, he reassures readers that God has a plan. Every chapter includes multiple scriptures as the basis for the teachings he presents. He covers a diverse range of topics including prayer demystified, angels, the significance of praise and worship, and the need for unity within the Christian faith.

The sections of the book I found most enlightening were those related to prayer and angels. I appreciated the insight Pastor Ashun offered regarding different types of prayers, as well as how to pray more effectively. I also enjoyed his teaching on the various roles angels fulfill during spiritual warfare. Despite the current troubling times, I felt encouraged by his exhortation that light has prevailed and will continue to prevail.

In my least favorite chapter, he introduced the kingdom of darkness. He went into great detail listing all of the scriptural names for Lucifer and also discussed demonology. Later in the book, some of the same content was repeated and overemphasized. I understand the validity of identifying the tactics of the adversary. However, when it comes to my personal beliefs, I prefer to focus on the power of Jesus, similar to studying an authentic dollar bill rather than a counterfeit.

For the most part, I enjoyed reading this scripture-based book. It is a relatively short read, but with more than half of the content being quoted Bible verses, I felt like I was reading a lengthy sermon. The book seems suitable as a Bible study guide. I didn’t agree with all of the author’s theology but was still able to appreciate his beliefs.

There are various editorial issues. I noted multiple grammatical errors related to verb tense and the omission of articles. Given the number of errors, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to anyone with an appreciation for Christian nonfiction or Bible studies. On the other hand, if you don't enjoy reading scriptures, you may prefer to skip this one.

War of the Two Kingdoms
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Cecilia_L's review? Post a comment saying so!
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

Wow a lovely book which will help answer so many questions by many. Lovely review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Thank you for your kind comment. :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”