Review by Athena612 -- If life stinks get your head outt...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Athena612
Currently Reading: Library of Souls
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena612.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Review by Athena612 -- If life stinks get your head outt...

Post by Athena612 » 06 Aug 2018, 23:28

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In this short and sweet book, If Your Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's, Mark Wdowiak gives readers simple steps to assist them in finding happiness and success. Knowing that happiness and success look different to everyone, he does not focus on specific goals, like how to create wealth or influence others. Instead, Mark wants you to stop using excuses to hold you back from what you really want in your life.

With only 132 pages, the book was a fast read. Also, with short chapters, it was easy to keep my attention and help me finish quicker. The book was broken up into 4 sections: the build up to why you need the book and then three steps, or areas, where you need to turn your attention in your own life. This structure was easier to follow than some other self-help books with long chapters and no discernable sections.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The message was accessible to all readers. There were no technical terms that readers would not understand. The layout of the book created an engaging read. The book contained a number of personal anecdotes, both showing the author in a positive and negative light. This allowed the reader to connect to the author. My only issues with the book was the limited examples outside of the author’s own experiences.

I told myself to keep an open mind when I began this book. I do not often read self-help books, as I tend to find them preachy, hard to follow, or boring. I, also, consider myself pretty self-aware. I worked hard to create my own version of happiness and success. At the end of this book, I had not learned anything new. But I was able to look at things in a new light. Mark reminds readers to say no if saying yes will negatively impact things you hold important. I learned that in the last few years and it was empowering to see it spoken here.

I would recommend this book to readers attempting to break a cycle of feeling stuck in old habits and unable to break free. The areas of concern in your life and how to handle them are manageable for anyone willing to feel more in charge of their own life. This book is not for those who are happy with their lives, feel no need to shake things up, or who are happy with their excuses.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Athena612's review? Post a comment saying so!

DandMMothers
Currently Reading: King Donald Khrump
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dandmmothers.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by DandMMothers » 26 Sep 2018, 00:48

I loved your review. You touched on the important points of this self-help novel. I very much agree with your opinion of this story its a great book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”