Official Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Loranne Cachia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loranne-cachia.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Re: Official Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by Loranne Cachia »

What a great review! I had a chance to read few downloaded documents of The Nag Hammadi Library, and one of them was that of Judas. Like others not included in the Bible, they have a lot of gaps, or non-readable parts, that can be given many different interpretations and theories! This will be a truly interesting read!
Ogiyaonke Kilili
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Ogiyaonke Kilili »

I wish I had favorites, but you are all making sense; the misreading of Judas tells us how we have maybe misread our history as nations. The review at hand talks about the lost of our origins and the mislead cultures or religions. This review questions our believes and it appreciates the book with author.
Triciat50
Favorite Book: The Luminaries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 558
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-triciat50.html
Latest Review: The Miracle of Ramadan by Wassim Hijazi

Post by Triciat50 »

I generally steer clear of books that seem to have a huge religious theme to them, but for some reason clicked on this. I'm planning on reading the book base on your in-depth review. Ever since escaping from my strict catholic upbringing, I've wondered if there was a better explanation than what we were spoon-fed by the nuns and priests. Thank you for spending so much time on the review.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Your review is written excellently, but as a born-again Christian, this was difficult to process. Reading the book’s sample felt like hearing a difficult truth. Your review is captivating and insightful, but I am not sure I am ready to read this book. Thank you for writing an honest review!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY ROBERT WAHLER IN WHICH HE EXPLAINS THAT THE STORY OF JUDAS WAS NOT A BETREASON TO JESUS BUT RATHER A SELF-SACRIFICE JUDAS AS PART OF THE GNOSTIC TRADITION CALLED SUCCESSION OF MASTERY.A BOOK FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN BIBLICAL HISTORY OR EASTERN MYSTICS.GOOD REVIEW
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I feel like my beliefs as a Christian will be tested when I read this book as a whole. I think there are many revealed scenes of Judas that are out of my knowledge. I sample the book, and I found some passages from the Bible, but for now, I am not open-minded about the book. So I'm gonna pass. Nevertheless, congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

The historical background of the Bible is much more than religion. I find it captivating, and can't help but wonder how different historians can have different views, how they come to their conclusions, and which theory is more convincing to me. I have never heard about the approach that Judas' actions were related to self-sacrifice, nor am I familiar with the concept of Mastership Succession. This surely is a book full of interesting information.
Vijay Kumar 13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Vijay Kumar 13 »

" Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler offers a fresh interpretation of Jesus and Judas, based on Gnostic teachings. This thought-provoking book challenges traditional beliefs and provides a concise exploration. I recommend this book for open-minded readers interested in biblical history and spirituality. Rating: 3 out of 4 stars.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A SELF-SACRIFICE (JUDAS)AND IT IS JESUS WHO FINDS HIMSELF ON THE CROSS?PARADOXAL
Alida Spies
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Circle Of Pearls
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by Alida Spies »

I am a Christian and one of the cornerstones of Christianity is that Jesus is the Son of God, part of the Trinity, and died for our sins. I believe in the Bible and therefore I can't read this book with an open mind. Thank you for an excellent review.
Pavel Trips Agboire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pavel-trips-agboire.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Pavel Trips Agboire »

If Judas wasn't as they say he was, then who exactly was Judas? This book could potentially throw a spanner in the wheel of so many people's beliefs. I'm curious to know what the author's perspective is. I guess I'll have to read the book to find out. Your review is well-composed.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

Interesting read. I agree that we don't know everything that happened in the past. But I tend to avoid heavy topics concerning religion. So, thanks for the review.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Congrats on BOTD. Looks like this book will show us a different viewpoint of Judas's betrayal.
Mianna108
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mianna108.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mianna108 »

This isn’t a book I would normally read, even to review it. However you made it sound really interesting! Your review is engaging and informative, thank you.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I am unfamiliar with Eastern mysticism, but it apparently opposes what Western culture teaches. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”