Review by Books_are_best -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Books_are_best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-are-best.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Books_are_best -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Books_are_best » 26 Jul 2018, 11:14

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight

This book has changed my life. I was so impressed with the spiritual lessons taught by Richard L. Haight in The Unbound Soul. He focuses on the spirit and soul and the spiritual connection so many of us seek. Mr. Haight truly wants to teach people how to reach the best part of themselves to make the world a better place. He references both Christian and Buddhist beliefs.

Mr. Haight focuses on what he calls “Isness” and uses unusual words like “insperience,” a combination of inspiration and experience. Although it is yet another book on the importance of being present and not living in the future or past, it is a refreshing perspective on presence and how it brings us closer to “Isness.”

The book begins with Mr. Haight’s personal history. While I wanted to get to the heart of the book as quickly as possible while reading through it, in hindsight, having that history while going through the lessons was very helpful in reminding me that we are all human, have perspectives, culture and experiences that shape us, and we must work within what we must foster spiritual growth.

There is a section on meditation. I never thought I would be able to meditate without listening to a guide or a musical meditation. However, this meditation is very helpful and relaxing, and keeps your attention where it should be. In addition, Mr. Haight adds a “Dance of the Self” section to help eliminate negative emotions that come out during meditation, which I think is brilliant, so that the negative energy is not stuck in our living spaces and meditation spots. It can seem weird and uncomfortable at first but give it a try for a week and see how much better you feel!

Interestingly, he brings up our dependence on “saviors,” which I found fascinating and unusual. Mr. Haight points to religious and spiritual leaders who we idolize as those to follow who will save us from evil as spiritual crutches. He maintains that “Isness” is in everyone and that we are all equally able to reach it. In this world, however, we cannot live in it. We can catch glimpses and do our best to be spiritually healthy, present, strong and independent.

Haight has a vision of heaven and hell that I found very interesting and definitely something to ponder as you read the book. He contests that the learning process continues after death and believes in reincarnation to continue learning and growing spiritually.

What I find so appealing about this book is that Mr. Haight lives in the real world. He is not a Buddhist Monk, nor a nun or monk or another religious figure. He lives in the outside world like the rest of us, paying bills, working, dealing with everyday issues that make it so much harder to be spiritual and emotionally healthy.

This inspirational and practical book rates a 4 out of 4 in my library. I find that I am thinking more clearly, and I feel much more grounded. I much more aware of my own emotions and emotional triggers, and I think practicing the lessons in here will continue to help me be a better and more whole person. I would recommend The Unbound Soul to anyone with the urge to explore their own spirituality or look for a new perspective on the soul.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Books_are_best's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”