Official Review: Lead us to a place by Andrew Pacholyk

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Official Review: Lead us to a place by Andrew Pacholyk

Post by Kristy Khem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lead us to a place" by Andrew Pacholyk.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“We are all vibrating, energetic beings that are constantly regulating – constantly fluctuating. This never stops, even after death” - Andrew Pacholyk, author and holistic healer.

Andrew Pacholyk takes readers on an interactive, spiritual adventure in his new book Lead Us to A Place. Firstly, he pays tribute to his mentors by highlighting their importance in his spiritual journey. After an exciting introduction into the world of meditation, energy healing, crystals, and religion, he explores the comparisons between astrology, the four elements, and nature. He uniquely likens our lives to the four seasons; spring, summer, autumn, and winter. As he delves into each season, he provides interesting healing techniques and meditation activities which can help us to fully immerse ourselves into the energy of that season. Pacholyk also advises us on holistic health practices, and recommends various types of food, oils, and music which can help to improve our personal wellbeing during each of the seasons.

I was immediately drawn to this particular book. Although this book is non-fiction, I was able to connect with the author as he generously shared several inspiring personal insights. I was able to relate to him when he described his Catholic beliefs, especially his devotion to the Virgin Mary. Despite this strong religious foundation, he supplemented his spiritual journey by exploring other religious beliefs and delving into mysticism. Personally, I became a Catholic because of my devotion to the Virgin Mary, but like the author, I have explored chakra healing, meditation, and working with gemstones. Pacholyk also talked about Vedic concepts in his book, such as karma and Ayurvedic medicine. Chinese practices were also described such as Feng Shui, Chinese medicine, and the zodiac. I felt like these subjects resonated with me because Chinese and Indian cultures are widespread where I live, and all of these were familiar to me.

One of the things I appreciated was that Pacholyk provided clear directions for things like ritual baths. He also gave helpful advice on how to clean certain gemstones from negative energy. As someone who uses an assortment of gemstones alongside meditation, this was excellent information for me. He also described enlightening meditation techniques such as The White Light Protector Exercise which I attempted. I felt happy and empowered after completing it. Practical activities like this one made the book quite interesting.

Pacholyk also included several of his own poems in the book. Each of these was geared towards an important concept like sex, blessings, and death. A few of them were also dedicated to significant people in his life. It was interesting to note that he advised his readers to use writing and poetry as tools for their own self-expression. His poems proved to be a good example of this. In my opinion, this was admirable because not many self-help authors include examples to show readers that they practice what they preach.

I was very pleased that this book hardly contained errors. I only spotted a few sentences where full stops were missing. There was nothing that I disliked about this book. I was impressed with the wealth of knowledge that the author displayed. Reading it was like experiencing a profound spiritual adventure. Therefore, I am rating it 4 out of 4 stars. Anyone who is interested in spirituality, meditation, paganism or energy healing will enjoy this to the very end. However, I would not recommend it to staunch Christians as they may not agree with some of the ideologies highlighted. One really needs to have an open mind to truly appreciate this book.

Lead us to a place
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KristyKhem's review? Post a comment saying so!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I am impressed that you tackled this big book chocked-full of so many spiritual and meditative practices and was able to condense the book into a good summary. That would have been quite a challenge for anyone to do. The book includes Chinese and Indian methods, certain foods, oils, aromatherapy, music, dance, stones, light and so many other things to bring inner peace, happiness, and balance.
It was interesting to note that he advised his readers to use writing and poetry as tools for their own self-expression. His poems proved to be a good example of this.
I agree that writing and poetry is a good way to express oneself. You are right about people needing to be very open to different beliefs and thoughts to be able to enjoy this book. I think I would include that even if one is a "staunch Christian", the book could help explain some of the things some people do believe in. One does not need to believe everything in the book to get some pearls of wisdom from it.
Nesha Estandarte
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nesha Estandarte »

Its very interesting story it's all about religion, everything he says here is to him, experience his own reaction about belief in our religions
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

Great review. Something I might be interested in reading down the road.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Abenesch
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Abenesch »

Thank you for sharing this review of 'Lead Us To a Place.' After reading your review, I am looking forward to the release of this book, as it sounds like something I'd like to read. While the review states that it is it full of good information, I have to ask what is the author's background in this arena? How was he educated or is he self taught? Since he seems to be offering the information with a certain authority, I just wonder how he came to this place himself. This is not meant in a derogatory way at all, but rather out of curiosity. Is it presented in a way that makes him seem like a teacher or just someone sharing his experience of enlightenment. I am always interested in new and exciting books on this topic. Like you, I also meditate and use crystals. I was very pleased to see this review and quite enjoyed it. Well done, and thanks.
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

LV2R wrote: 22 Jul 2018, 08:38 I am impressed that you tackled this big book chocked-full of so many spiritual and meditative practices and was able to condense the book into a good summary. That would have been quite a challenge for anyone to do. The book includes Chinese and Indian methods, certain foods, oils, aromatherapy, music, dance, stones, light and so many other things to bring inner peace, happiness, and balance.
It was interesting to note that he advised his readers to use writing and poetry as tools for their own self-expression. His poems proved to be a good example of this.
I agree that writing and poetry is a good way to express oneself. You are right about people needing to be very open to different beliefs and thoughts to be able to enjoy this book. I think I would include that even if one is a "staunch Christian", the book could help explain some of the things some people do believe in. One does not need to believe everything in the book to get some pearls of wisdom from it.
Thank you :)
Shasha29

Post by Shasha29 »

well..it's really hard to been into places where you don't know what to do at some point. this is about religions every religion has a point on their own perspectives and religious beliefs. this book is really convincing. thank you for the author
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Dahmy 10 »

I am always pleased when authors share their own experience through writing. At least we know that what is being described by them is real. This book also seems rich, diversifying amongst various religions. I would surely love toesrn of these!

Thanks for this elaborate review!!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I like the fact that the book comprises health and meditation, which are my main activities in life. I really like living a healthy life, and meditating when I'm upset really relieves stress. With this review, I think reading the book will be the great way of learning more about meditations.
Crainbow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crainbow.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Crainbow »

First comment by LV2R is on point. That's precisely my thought on your summary. Good job condensing all that detail into a comprehensive insight. I love reading about spirituality, life guides, and mysticism, so I already liked the book from it's name. I believe everyone's on the quest to self discovery, and from your review I feel like this book helps in some way and more so gives advice on how to connect and get the most from every season, how awesome. Love is the answer to everything health and all, still I'm interested in discovering this author's practical perspective on how to survive spiritually in every season, so I'm up for this book. Great review again.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I appreciate books like this that actually guide you through activities instead of just telling you. However, spirituality and that type of thing isn't really for me. So, while I appreciate your review, I'm going to take a pass on this one. Thanks, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
LilyHot

Post by LilyHot »

The book is nice,through this book have learnt a lot of new things about the super natural things of the world.keep reading
petros263

Post by petros263 »

This is a remarkable piece, very educative and a best guider especially during these times of secularism.
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 07:01 I like the fact that the book comprises health and meditation, which are my main activities in life. I really like living a healthy life, and meditating when I'm upset really relieves stress. With this review, I think reading the book will be the great way of learning more about meditations.
Hi-five for meditation! It's also a daily practice for me. This book has so many interactive activities and knowledge that can greatly improve the body and the mind. You won't regret reading this one :D
ramonch8p3l

Post by ramonch8p3l »

I feel myself drawn to this book too. Meditation is always something I've wanted to put into my life. This book would make for good reading.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”