Review by readywriter59 -- If life stinks get your head ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
readywriter59
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Breaking Sandcastles</a>
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readywriter59.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Review by readywriter59 -- If life stinks get your head ...

Post by readywriter59 » 07 Jul 2018, 15:46

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak can be viewed as a manual or “how to” in self-help as it relates to improving and transforming your life. Wdowiak uses 32 chapters to first build a foundation (chapters 1- 4) and then to give a step-by-step plan to reach the desired goal or objective. Wdowiak uses the concept of Area #1: Taking responsibility for yourself (crawling) Area #2: Taking control over your thinking (walking) Area #3: Taking action on your behalf (running) to show how you develop in each progression. [Wdowiak, Mark L.. If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success (Kindle Locations 432-434). FriesenPress. Kindle Edition.]

According to Wdowiak, as we become self-aware we begin the process of self-improvement. Facing ourselves is critical in our development and growth. Wdowiak does an outstanding job helping readers focus on what is necessary to live a fulfilled life. It is just as important to take responsibility for those things we feel we have failed in as we take for the good outcomes we experience. Taking full responsibility for our actions and behaviors shapes our character and who we are and who we are becoming. All our experiences are meant to shape us and need our attention throughout the process of evolving.

I enjoyed this book. I especially liked the “interesting fact” notations and the “initial here” accountability pauses throughout the book. Although it is easy to blame others for our downfalls, Wdowiak cautions that it is not wise to do. Taking control of our outcomes helps us develop. We are the source and sum total of our human experience. Daring to challenge who we are and walking without fear through this journey will change our perspective and pull us toward the life we always wanted to live. Being truthful with ourselves is crucial and vital for growth. We must face ourselves to reach our potential.

The material in this book was easy to follow and the transitions were smooth and appropriate. The book was well thought out and the preparation that was given is evident. I see this book as a manual or at least as enrichment and supplemental reading. I encourage everyone to add this book to their personal library for reference, meditation, and a source of encouragement. In particular, anyone who is in transition could benefit greatly from the material.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I feel that Wdowiak executed the material well. I enjoyed reading the book and have begun implementing what I have gleaned personally. Understanding that I am responsible for my destiny and for where I find myself in life at this moment has been eye-opener opener. No longer will I live in the shadows. Well done Mark Wdowiak.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like readywriter59's review? Post a comment saying so!

Kibetious
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 44
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Kibetious » 01 Nov 2018, 07:41

Awesome review here. It is true that self-discovery and facing who one is can give the momentum that one requires for a transformation to occur. Nice book indeed.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”