Review by neto_1 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
neto_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-1.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by neto_1 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by neto_1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I met Margaret is a non-fiction book written by Rob White. It is a 185 pages book with 21 chapters highlighting the author’s life which is a great inspiration to any young person to realize that anything is possible as long as self-determination and much effort are invested in that dream.

The author breath a new life to all of us raised from a humble background that through substantial effort one can take initiative and rise above your current situation by challenging the status quo that being born and raised in a poor town where everyone used to believe that it was a norm for poor family children to get oriented in local mills after high school graduation can be overturned when one has a willpower and determination to exercise his brain as the only vessel to get him to places believed only to be for the mighty people in our societies.

It has also been noticed that the author has applied life experience lessons to advice and guide others to lead a good life. It always feels good to see people succeed in life when they take your advice and chase their dreams regardless of critics. For instance, when Rob White met Jose; a very shy boy full of self-distrust and gave him a good talk about self-confidence, it is very interesting when the author meets Jose after some years and realized that Jose was an electrician and running his own company.

Through his story to success, Rob White reveals to the reader that the journey to success is not an overnight dream. It involves setbacks such as failures, making mistakes and sometimes deception but it takes a resilient person to rise back on his feet, reevaluate your plans, put in more ideas and make better decisions concerning your business. A good example is when the author met Tim who pretended to be a successful businessman and swindled him $50,000. It is also encouraging that despite the fact that the author came from a poor background unable to raise and pay for his college tuition, Rob took part-time jobs to raise money and paid his tuition without relying on financial institutions for loans.

While reading the book I didn't come across any grammatical errors and therefore I rate And Then I met Margaret 4 out of 4 stars. It is a good read full of inspiration for any person who wishes to turn around and live a decent life.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like neto_1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”