Review by thaservices1 -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
thaservices1
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Review by thaservices1 -- The Unbound Soul

Post by thaservices1 » 04 Jul 2018, 20:06

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul: A Spiritual Memoir for Personal Transformation and Enlightenment by Richard L. Haight is an intriguing book. The author combines personal narratives and spiritual teachings in an attempt to open the door for others to enjoy the level of harmony in life that he has discovered. The teachings are quite in-depth, including step-by-step guides for meditation and negative energy purging technique. The book also includes a care guide for health that is simple and informative.

Haight's writing style is straightforward without embellishments and fancy terminology. Any difficult concept is linked to a word by the author and fully explained for the context of the book. There is also a glossary of these terms, providing an easy reference for the reader. That being said, this book is not a casual read. The author dives deep into the subject of consciousness, our relationship to it and to the world around us. He does, however, keep the information balanced with personal stories to illustrate the different aspects that he is describing. This gives the book a conversational feel, which is very nice.

I, personally, enjoyed the book. Haight's methods are not quite the norm in today's self-help market; they touch on things ancient and truly beyond knowledge. I sampled Haight's meditation method directly after reading it with mixed results. Mixed in the sense that I DID experience results but was not prepared for it to have such an effect. I would caution readers to finish the whole of the text before embarking. Though he tells you that you may be shaken, it is quite something else to actually have it happen. I was put in mind of Dr. Strange, "The warnings come after the spells."

The author's insights are profound. Anyone seeking an avenue to the Something More will be sure to find information to aid them in this book. Here are a few of Haight's words:
"But the war of ideas and the desire to change minds is itself of the mind, and therefore, we remain stuck in the matrix of the mind that is disharmony."
"Words are of thought and are therefore not transformative. We need to go beyond words to find harmony."
I would recommend this book to...well, everyone on the planet. That is the point of it after all. The message may not be for everyone, right now, at this moment, but if you are feeling a pull towards this subject, then maybe now is the time for you to read it.

Overall, I give The Unbound Soul a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It is well written, informative, and thought-provoking (and as the author reminds us, thought is not transformative, but it does serve a purpose). There were very few editing errors and the writing is clear, even if the concepts need a few rereadings to sink in. My thanks to the author for sharing his insights.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like thaservices1's review? Post a comment saying so!
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt

kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 101
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 » 05 Jul 2018, 13:29

This sounds kind of "heavy." Nice review. Not for me at this time, but glad to see you so highly recommend it.

thaservices1
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 68
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Post by thaservices1 » 06 Jul 2018, 16:20

Thank you! It is indeed a heavy sort of read.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”