Official Review: Blessed-n-Lucky by Terri Trainor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Official Review: Blessed-n-Lucky by Terri Trainor

Post by Mercelle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blessed-n-Lucky" by Terri Trainor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Blessed -n- Lucky: Become a King or Queen of Manifestation by Terri Trainor is a non-fiction, self-help book that teaches that all our desires are within reach, we need to master the art of realistically manifesting them. On this note, the author goes on to mention different things that hinder us from acquiring what we dream of and provides solutions on what to do to see significant changes in our lives.

Every bit of information relayed in the book comes from the author’s personal experiences, coupled with those of various people close to her. These experiences are relatable, entertaining and each one emphasizes a different aspect of the process of manifestation. Some of the key points highlighted include gratitude, clarity, and faith. The author refers to them as secrets for manifestation and includes a series of subtopics under each main point.

Although this book aims to help people better themselves, its tone is casual and inviting. I liked that the author goes straight to the point and doesn’t bore the reader with irrelevant information. It’s also fairly short, with a page-count of 238. For me, this book couldn’t have come at a better time. The message hit home and left me with an attainable roadmap to follow for the desirable outcome of realizing my dreams. Woven between the author’s words I picked up the theme of hard work, the significance of meaningful relationships, the importance of networking and the lightness that comes with letting go. These are things that are often overlooked but play an important role towards shaping who we eventually become.

As bearable as the book’s structure was for me, it’s important to point out that it contains numerous references to songs, movies, quotes from various influential individuals and references to other reading materials. I appreciate that the author went out of her way to share some of the sources she draws inspiration from, but I fear that to some readers, it might come across as overdone.

Overall, this piece of work is fairly easy to read, and the occasional existence of typos didn’t detract from the reading experience. The table of contents also isn’t numbered and having this feature would come in handy for reference to specific sections of the book. The major flaw I picked up from the text is an inconsistency in the color of the text, used throughout the book. I found it quite confusing especially when it occurred in a single segment. For these reasons, I’ll rate this book 3 out of 4 stars and suggest that the book undergoes a round of editing to remedy the errors.

I’ll recommend this book to anyone eager to read a self-help book and people who need a word of encouragement to keep forging on.

Blessed-n-Lucky
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mercy Bolo's review? Post a comment saying so!
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 2386
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I´m not much of a self-help fan, to be honest.
But I´m glad this book helped you and I hope it can help others. I think I´d like all the references because it makes the book less dry or technical but I get that it can seem overwhelming for some readers.
Thanks for the review, and I´ll keep the book in mind for self-help readers.
Sharon serena
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-serena.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sharon serena »

Alot of people have the inspiration to do something but they do not get the necessary help. This book offers just that, everyone needs a little bit of encouragement no matter the source. I appreciate the detailed review. Nice work!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Interesting. I don't think I've seen errors with the color of the text before. That's something new. I just don't think that this is the book for me right now. But I do appreciate your review, and I will keep it in mind for the future.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I am definitely going to give this book a read as it seems to offer a lot of insightful ways to manage problems and to gain success in life. Thank you for your wonderful review.
whusu jack
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by whusu jack »

interesting,this book thought us how to manage and walk through our dreams....very interesting
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

I think this book would be appealing to me at this point in my life. I tend to be a sucker for good vibes and encouragement. Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

That is a truly wonderful review! I am glad you think it provides a roadmap to realizing one's dreams. I am a self-help book fan myself and I don't see why I shouldn't try this one next!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”