Review by Anki_Real_Reviews -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Anki_Real_Reviews
2018 Reading Goal: 55
2017 Reading Goal: 24
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Review by Anki_Real_Reviews -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews » 27 Jun 2018, 16:01

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White is a motivational read with a bunch of transformational life lessons. What separates this inspiring book from many others available in the market is the fact that the author shared the events that brought him to learn any particular lesson in life. So, for instance, instead of going on and on about the beauty of compassion, he shared how his Aunt Theresa kept losing the game of Old Maid to make him feel better. This must not have been easy for her because she was literally, in the language of their town, the old maid. Instead of preaching various dos and don'ts for a beautiful and happy life, he shared his real-life events with the takeaways that he realized from those incidents in his life. This technique is quite refreshing and helpful.

Although I do not expect a self-help sort of book to be entertaining, And Then I Met Margaret proved to be an exception. His stories are very relatable and realistic. He went through the ups and downs just like all of us do, but he tried to draw a lesson from those experiences. The manner in which he has conveyed his takeaways from these occurrences is quite phenomenal. In fact, I applied his lesson of
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional
not too long after reading his book in my own life. That was extremely remarkable to me. I hope this lesson remain with me forever and ever.

Quitting a job that you did for about seventeen years is not an easy task, but the author not only did it, he jumped into a business (real-estate) that he had no experience or practical knowledge of. As if this wasn't extraordinary enough, he received a book on the topic of real estate just lying around on the road for him to find. If this incident would not make the reader believe into the Universe and its miracles, then I don't know what would.

And Then I Met Margaret is filled with practical wisdom that would definitely become a guide for its readers. The book is written in a conversational tone and is very relatable. The author held my hand and took me on his journey to show me that although nothing happens overnight, a strong belief system and a positive mindset would ensure that the transformation would happen.

One more lesson that stuck with me was to see where you want to go and not where you do not want to go. Often we tend to let our brains wander into the Negative-land. Instead of focusing on where we would see ourselves if we succeed in our conquests, we allow ourselves to waste our most important commodity, time, on how miserable we would be if we failed. Mr. White has re-wired my brain into thinking of only positive outcomes; with the exception of listening to my gut too.

And Then I Met Magaret by Rob White is truly an inspirational read. If you read with your 100% attention, I am sure it would motivate you as it did to me. I am going to face the world with a positive attitude after reading it and am gladly rewarding it with 4 out of 4 stars. Any reader who enjoys learning from other person's life stories would definitely be benefitted from this book.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anki_Real_Reviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”