Review by aliceriddle -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
aliceriddle
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceriddle.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by aliceriddle -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by aliceriddle » 26 Jun 2018, 04:37

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White is a self-helping and a motivational book, which portrays the author’s life starting from his childhood. Even though he comes from humble beginnings, he manages to become very successful in real estate and restaurant business. His success is followed by the gain of material wealth, and he starts experiencing a feeling of inner emptiness. Because of this, he begins seeking spiritual guidance from gurus to live a joyful life. However, these “gurus” are the unacknowledged people, who he encounters throughout his life. These gurus help Rob to awaken spiritually and change his mindset.

The book consists of 21 chapters ranging from his childhood moments to working in a factory mill. The story is quite diverse and each chapter consists of Rob’s awakening moments. The readers won’t get tired of reading the book since there are many different characters introduced that helped change his life. You may meet a graduate student, a Maasai mother, or even a peanut vendor, who help Rob gain a deeper understanding of life. Their mindsets, personalities and backgrounds differ, but in the end, all of the characters are very interesting and help the author to be more open-minded.

In order to make the book more interesting and easier to read, the author begins each chapter with a myth that he always thought was right and ends with his experiences and conclusions. This type of format helps readers know what to expect right from the beginning. While some of the stories and myths seem unimpressive and slightly boring, there are many personal stories that keep the readers hooked.

The simple writing style, the engaging plot and the beautiful choice of words helped to draw a vivid picture of the book. I felt as if Rob was talking to me in reality, and telling me about his experiences. The book made me think that I was witnessing an event take place in front of my eyes. The casual tone was soothing, as if it was inviting me to transform myself and seek happiness.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, and I suggest it to the readers, who are seeking for an advice and want to help themselves. After reading this book, your eyes will open to the new possibilities, and your whole life may change. You may start acknowledging “teachers” who can help you and the myths that surround your daily life.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like aliceriddle's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”