Review by palilogy -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Review by palilogy -- The Unbound Soul

Post by palilogy » 22 Jun 2018, 10:23

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I was curious to read the book by Richard Haight called The Unbound Soul. I admired the cover of the book before I even began reading. The lettering and haunting image of the eye along with the meditation pulled me into the story. I hadn’t turned a page and already I was compelled to know more about the author’s ideas on applied spirituality.

I was not surprised in the beginning of the book to find myself hooked on the author’s words. He writes, “IF YOU WERE DRAWN TO read this book, you are probably not at all surprised by the assertion that we are on the brink of a great revelation. In fact, many who are reading this book have been anticipating this revelation for most of their lives.” I found my belief and notion of opening the book to read it justified.

I enjoyed as the book progressed, learning about Tao and the authors explanation behind Isness or Soul. I felt the author connected well and maintained a solid connection and strong voice throughout the book. I was deeply interested in the author’s story from a rural ranch to Georgia and eventually life in Oregon. Before I started the book, I was curious about meditation. Reading how Richard Haight truly delved into memory, actuality and possibilities through meditation became fascinating. I felt calmed while reading the book and I felt trust in the author and his words. As the pages passed in ease, I enjoyed the feeling of awakening. I was fascinated by the prospect of psychedelics with ancient shamanic plants. I was drawn into the idea behind spiritual unfoldment and considering what my own perspective could be. The entire book I considered my opinion and mindset while relaxing reading the words related before me. The author narrates with such a vivid passion and because of that strength, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I enjoyed the enlightenment, eye opening ease of ideas and the perspectives that the book entails. I would recommend this book to any reader who has considered meditation, calming their mind and enjoying a good book. I would recommend this book to an older audience of readers who will appreciate the author and his story.

I really liked how the book assured my mind and the way that it made me feel, while reading. It’s been a long time since I felt at peace after reading a book. It’s been a long time since I enjoyed the voice of an author. It was a lovely experience to read and I hope that experience is shared with every reader.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like palilogy's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”