Official Review: A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life

Post by lesler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life" by Ronald J.Rees.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book A TALE BY Ronald of a Tree of Life: with Cordelia A Daughter of the Sea by Ronald J. Rees is a memorable look at the author's life and his amazing experiences. He has traveled the world, met amazing people, experienced heartbreak, and created an incredible family during his time on earth. Recently diagnosed with cancer, Mr. Rees writes his memoirs with candor, humility, and passion that gives readers a variety of emotions through the short novel of one hundred and sixty-six pages.

This book is a continuation of his first memoir, titled A TALE BY Ronald of a Tree of Life from which he details similar experiences in his life. I have not read the first book, but I can assume from the reviews of both books online that they are similar. I felt a bit lost through the second book, and feel that reading the first book previously would have provided the background knowledge necessary to navigate through the book better.

This book focused primarily on his relationships, most notably with his wife Claudette and youngest daughter Davinia. Mr. Rees discusses his accomplishments in his career, but in those accomplishments, he fails in his responsibilities as a husband and father. This is a poignant look back on a life well lived by a man whose main regret is not spending enough time with those he values the most. I enjoyed reading his stories and felt connected to the author and his family, although I have not experienced the world travel and numerous foreign countries that he has.

I enjoyed this book and it was a nice quick afternoon read. The author also added sections about the ancient history of specific countries after he wrote about his travels to the specific country. There were also excellent pictures at the conclusion of the novel, as well as handwritten poetry at the end of the sections devoted to his wife. One huge turn-off about this book was that he varied in writing about himself in the third and first person, which caused massive confusion on my part. I had to re-read some of these sections, as it was confusing.

I give A TALE BY Ronald of a Tree of Life: with Cordelia A Daughter of the Sea 2 out of 4 stars, for its confusing writing style, interesting storyline, and minimal grammatical errors. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a light-hearted memoir as a fun afternoon read.

A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Nice review! The abrupt changes in point of view would annoy me, too, but I do enjoy a good memoir. I might check it out.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Maina Kevin92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Maina Kevin92 »

Memoirs are meant to educate the reader of a book on mistakes that can be avoided. Chasing for a financial freedom is always welcomed in this world today but after you have gone full circle it always comes back down to the simplest things in life,love and family commitment.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Good times spent with loved ones are some of the most memorable and meaningful journeys in life. Thank you for a delightful review.
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

The story sounds like an interesting read and I've been looking forward to reading something that deals sorely on family. Great review, it's a thumbs-up from me!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”