Review by onixpam -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
2022 Reading Goal: 6
2022 Goal Completion: 50%

Review by onixpam -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by onixpam »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation is a non-fiction book, where Rob White shares his experience and his journey to success. He shares his memories as life lessons and helps us realize that the real gurus are not famous or best-seller authors, they are just common people you could meet in your everyday life.

Rob White describes his childhood in a small town, and how he defies his family and friends searching for a life not meant to be like he thought. Instead of working on the local mill he goes to college and becomes a teacher in the big city, and after a while, he decides to drop everything and start his own business, you will suffer his failures and enjoy every hard-learned lesson.

Rob White was looking for the meaning of life, as he describes it in:
My exterior world reflected material wealth, but my interior world was spiritually bankrupt.
He searches for “illumination” in every known inspirational writer and speaker he could find, like Deepak Chopra, Alan Watts, Stephen Covey, Jim Rohn, Louise Hay and others, everyone left him with an important lesson, but not filled his hunger of knowledge and wisdom.

Through his quest, he goes from Los Angeles to Africa, and finally, he realizes that he always has had unexpected gurus in his life, and they have led him to success. Every chapter in the book is dedicated to one of this "gurus" and describes an easy to follow, very deep and inspirational story.

This book has twenty-one chapters, every one of them describing a learning path taken to achieve success. I love the way every chapter starts: “The myth I believed” and ends up with: “The reality I discovered” as every chapter has given me a significant lesson and carries an important message.

After reading And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Personal Transformation, you will pay more attention to, formerly, unrecognized and unexpected gurus. Every one of them will change or has already changed your life. You will never see people the same way because you will be able to see the real potential of every person crossing your path at some point in your life.

The book was easy to read, every chapter is written smoothly and in a casual way making it very relatable and readable. It is very easy to interpret, and every chapter could be read it individually as they tell a different story. I found some misspelled words, but that was not really distracting.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars as the book successfully describes these life change moments, and points us to a very important fact, the change does not happen immediately, but it will occur. I did not give it four stars because the book needs a little more editing.

I recommend this book to everyone who enjoys self-help and memoir books, but every reader could enjoy it, it is really well written and could keep anyone’s attention from start to finish. Young-adults could grab some great benefits from this book.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like onixpam's review? Post a comment saying so!
teacherjh
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by teacherjh »

This sounds really inspiring. It's on my list to read.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Good review! I agree that the book was written smoothly and that it was relatable and readable. I liked the stories being divided into chapters as well. After reading about his unexpected gurus, it does make one look at people differently.
meadhbh
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: The Last Rite by Chad Morgan

Post by meadhbh »

I'm currently about two-thirds of the way through this, and while I don't normally read non-fiction or motivational books, I'm really enjoying this one. Great review!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the review! It does seem like an intriguing read.
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

LV2R wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 19:45 Good review! I agree that the book was written smoothly and that it was relatable and readable. I liked the stories being divided into chapters as well. After reading about his unexpected gurus, it does make one look at people differently.
Thanks for your comments, it is a wonderful book.
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

gen_g wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 02:21 Thank you for the review! It does seem like an intriguing read.
If you have the opportunity to read it, I am sure you will enjoy it.
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

meadhbh wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 19:57 I'm currently about two-thirds of the way through this, and while I don't normally read non-fiction or motivational books, I'm really enjoying this one. Great review!
It is a wonderful book. I am sure you are going to love it. Thanks for your comments.
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

teacherjh wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 16:02 This sounds really inspiring. It's on my list to read.
If you read it, I am sure you are going to enjoy it. Thanks for your comment!
sanjus
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

Very nice review indeed of this book from different perspective than the others which gave the insights of the valuable contents of this book which is of personal transformation
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

sanjus wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 11:31 Very nice review indeed of this book from different perspective than the others which gave the insights of the valuable contents of this book which is of personal transformation
Thanks for your comments!
Cotwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Cotwani »

Great review! Sounds like an interesting read. I keep planning to read this book but have not gotten round to doing so. Your inclusion of Rob White's background in the review gives the book a further appeal.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

Cotwani wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 04:00 Great review! Sounds like an interesting read. I keep planning to read this book but have not gotten round to doing so. Your inclusion of Rob White's background in the review gives the book a further appeal.
Thanks for your comments. I am sure you will enjoy this book!
Sarah Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 220
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: PDF
2022 Reading Goal: 5
2022 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Sarah Tariq »

This book is very interesting and helpful for self-transformation. The author frankly shares his genuine thoughts on life events. Thanks for your insightful review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
onixpam
Currently Reading:

Post by onixpam »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 10:58 This book is very interesting and helpful for self-transformation. The author frankly shares his genuine thoughts on life events. Thanks for your insightful review.
Thanks for your comments.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”