Review by madhupal2486 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
madhupal2486
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madhupal2486.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by madhupal2486 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by madhupal2486 » 21 Jun 2018, 08:33

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book by Rob White became my favorite. It has short stories, I would rather say, some of the life events from Mr. Rob White’s life and the lessons he learned from them. This is very well written. Mr. White took events starting from his childhood and till recently. Each story is unique, the scenario is unique and the lesson learned is unique. I particularly liked the way Mr. White put each and every incident and narrated it in an amazing way. Reading the way he dealt with certain situations, how he fell and got back on his feet.. it felt amazing.

The pace is wonderful. It’s easy to understand. I could literally put myself in the shoes of the character. There were many stories where I could relate myself to the situation. My favorite story is the one at the airport where Mr. White meets a British woman and learns patience from her.

After reading the book, I felt there are plenty of stories around us, happening to us in our daily lives and we rarely take out some time to learn anything at all from them. If we look properly, we can see amazing teachers around us, not necessarily the one we see at school but janitors, strangers, second-grade kids, bulls, etc. Everyone and everything in this beautiful world always try to tell us something, if only, we pay proper attention.

Salute to Rob White for coming up with such a beautiful book. I read plenty of motivational books but this one is on the top of the list. This is nothing like those regular motivational books. The way storyteller is way unique and made this book unique, too! I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book is a fantastic read for all age groups. I really love the way Mr. Rob White succeeded in his life, how he took risks and how he learned from his mistakes. He didn’t keep those experiences to himself but he taught those lessons to the people he met and helped them make the most of their lives.

I look forward to reading more and more books by Rob White. Mr. White’s stories taught me that believing in yourself, taking risks, trusting your instincts and learning to stand up after falling, help us reach our goals and making the impossible, possible. I must say, the stories of personal transformation in this book are totally worth a read!

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like madhupal2486's review? Post a comment saying so!

teacherjh
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 93
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: Secrets of Time by Michael Bennett Wilson

Post by teacherjh » 29 Jun 2018, 16:17

This book really sounds like a worthwhile read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”