Review by Ajanta -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ajanta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajanta.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by Ajanta -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Ajanta » 20 Jun 2018, 23:47

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In his introduction to And then I met Margaret, author Rob White briefly mentions his trysts with motivational speakers and authors of world-wide fame. This made me wonder whether the book would just detail these interactions. The list was an impressive one; featuring names we often spot in the motivation/self-help section of book shops. Yet it did not seem to be an exciting prospect.

But thankfully the book doesn’t have any chapter on these extraordinary people whom anyways we could explore if we wish, but instead the book focuses on ordinary people whom the author, a motivational speaker himself, has met during his journey of life. As a result we are treated to some genuine and deeply personal heart-warming stories.

In the most mundane of things and simplest of folks lies- the key to most profound lessons of life, and the author has been alert enough to grasp these messages and as he shares his stories, we too are forced to look at our lives with a fresh perspective. The author comes out as someone who makes mistakes, learns from them and is humble enough to share the experience.

In a world where, success is all about increasing your wealth quotient, marketing yourself and making smart decisions, here’s is someone who is telling you to listen to your heart. This is not an ‘I can show you the way’ book, but a ‘find your way yourself’ one. It’s not about the material success mad rush, but how to maintain your humanity and ethics intact. To me this is a refreshing feel, unlike many modern day motivators; the author doesn’t talk about edging out competition or making the right kind of networking. Not much preaching here either, just lessons from day to day life which we often miss. Here is someone who has compiled them for us in a manner most interesting. And our reaction goes like this- Yes I know a person like this; yes something happened to me on similar lines... Yes I know this feeling too...

The book has been written in a manner that gives the feel of fiction and is not dreary for a single moment. It can be read again and again and is an ideal gift.

I am going with four out of four stars for this book. It has a universal appeal, there is a lot to gain from it and as a bonus it is a fun read too.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ajanta's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”