Review by Melchi Asuma -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Melchi Asuma
2018 Reading Goal: 1000
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 3
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Melchi Asuma -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by Melchi Asuma » 20 Jun 2018, 12:43

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And then I Met Margaret introduces us to Rob White who is very successful in the real estate and restaurant businesses. However, at the time he begins to enjoy material wealth, he starts experiencing a deepening feeling of inner emptiness. This why he starts seeking out world-class gurus to help him understand better how to live a full,rich life. It is on this journey to enlightenment that he realizes that the most helpful gurus are not the esteemed self-help authors, keynote speakers or famous workshop leaders. He realizes that there are unknown gurus that everyone encounters in life and these 'teachers' are sometimes more helpful than the self-help authors.

This is the most refreshing aspect of this book. It is not your average motivational books as it attempts to prove to us(the readers) that some people you encounter in life can give you better advice than all the acclaimed motivational speakers. Margaret, a school girl, teaches Rob White the most important lesson of his life through a very simple question. In the same vein, the author wants us to know never to underestimate anyone as they may be the best thing that ever happened to us. The other supporting incidence to this claim was his meeting the Maasai woman who demonstrated to him that we're much more than we dare to imagine.

The book is written in vey simple language which is a huge plus to the book. It is also the hallmark of how a good self-help novel should be written. They should use very simple language that everyone can understand and relate to. This is because,they are meant for an audience of all ages.

I also loved how the author summed up everything in a particular chapter at the end making it easier to grasp the main message encompassed between the lines of the chapter.

He also writes with a humility that is extremely astonishing. Even though he is really wealthy and successful, he lays bare his faults and failings. He does not portray himself as very wise or successful but rather wants us to see the wisdom in the advice given by the gurus that he meets. In essence, he is not saying that he knows everything but is proving to be a vessel for wisdom to flow from the gurus to the readers.

Once you read this, I can virtually assure you that your life won't be the same. It is truly inspiring and will change your outlook on life and the people you meet in life. I thus recommend it to anyone who wants to feel motivate as it really isn't for a particular audience. With no doubt in my mind, I give it 4 out of 4 stars.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Melchi Asuma's review? Post a comment saying so!
MA

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”