Official Review: The Forgettable Through Jeremiah

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Official Review: The Forgettable Through Jeremiah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Forgettable Through Jeremiah" by Kathy E. Dockett.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Would you give up loving someone who does not love you back? Have you ever thought about this from God's own point of view? This is a question that is asked by Kathy in her book.

In The Forgettable Through Jeremiah, Kathy E. Dockett explores some issues that are currently being experienced in the world. The book reveals that the challenges that are being witnessed currently are similar to those that Prophet Jeremiah was condemning in the Old Testament times. Kathy is a faith-based author who believes that Jesus is the only key to eternal life. Kathy’s passion to spread the Gospel to the non-believers is clearly demonstrated in this book.

The main argument presented in the book is the plea for all human beings to fear God and to stop sinning. Kathy states that God is not pleased with the sinful state of human beings. The author not only rebukes wrongs but also offers hope. Hope is brought out by writing about God’s love that never ends. It is nice reading that although God punished the Israelites for sinning, He restored them again after seventy years. The book also touches on the issue of microchips being implanted on palms. This is a wide topic and it could spark a big debate. Another issue addressed is abortion. The author strongly advocates for abortion to be declared illegal. These topics and others such as the recent US Presidential Election are discussed from a Biblical point of view.

What I liked about the book is that it was written with a purpose in mind. The book is short but the message is unforgettable. The author is also forthright. She does not fear to speak against some ills being observed. The author writes to warn people against the idea of ‘replacement theology’. Ministers of the Gospel are warned against speaking what people want to hear. They are to speak the word of God just as it is.

I believe that this book is very important in this age and era. The message of the book is brought out clearly. The language used is simple. The book has also been edited properly. I like the fact that it is focused on change. The kind of change advocated for is possible. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who would like to know how the ills addressed by prophet Jeremiah are being witnessed in the current world. Those who have a desire to see a change in the world can also read this book. I would particularly recommend it to those living in places or countries where a lot of vices, such as corruption, are being witnessed.

The book is not meant for the Christian believers only. A person of any other religious group can read it as well.

The Forgettable Through Jeremiah
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kibetious's review? Post a comment saying so!
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thanks for an interesting review. I guess people don't change that much, and the issues facing humanity in Jeremiah's time remain unchanged despite modern technology. It's awesome if this can provide inspiration in dealing with scourges like corruption.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 05:50 Thanks for an interesting review. I guess people don't change that much, and the issues facing humanity in Jeremiah's time remain unchanged despite modern technology. It's awesome if this can provide inspiration in dealing with scourges like corruption.
This is very true. It seems not much changes, especially in the problems, brought about by human beings.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

This is a bold written book that is worth reading particularly about God. I will certainly read this. Thank you for sharing this with us and good review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

This certainly sounds like an interesting read. I'm especially interested in the author's take on current events, like the microchip that you mentioned. I will admit, though, that I'm confused about the title. What exactly is "forgettable"?
Spath
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spath.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Spath »

I really enjoyed reading your review. I have not read the book as of yet, but because of your well informed review it is a book I am definitely going to read.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

Great review. The microchip issue is something I am very interested in since it is fulfillment of prophecy for the end time. I think I will pick this one up next time.
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

This stuff has actually been on my mind for a while. I'd like to read this and see the author's arguments.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

"Would you give up loving someone who does not love you back? Have you ever thought about this from God's own point of view?"
Well, this knocked me off my feet. This sounds like a riveting read. Very thorough review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

This sounds like an interesting read. I'm intrigued to explore the author's take on some specific issues. I agree with the notion that too many preachers seem to be packaging Jesus in order to "sell" as opposed to representing God's truth as-is and letting God take care of people's responses. Good review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

I feel the same as others, curious as to her stance and opinion of the microchip and what it means for humanity as a whole. From your review i get that she is a bold christian whom lives by the inspired word of God and that only. Im very interested in reading it after your thorough review, thank you!
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

SamSim wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 15:39 This sounds like an interesting read. I'm intrigued to explore the author's take on some specific issues. I agree with the notion that too many preachers seem to be packaging Jesus in order to "sell" as opposed to representing God's truth as-is and letting God take care of people's responses. Good review!
This is very true and a confirmation of the author's opinion. Thanks a lot for the reply.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

anwidmer wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 06:33 I feel the same as others, curious as to her stance and opinion of the microchip and what it means for humanity as a whole. From your review i get that she is a bold christian whom lives by the inspired word of God and that only. Im very interested in reading it after your thorough review, thank you!
Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm glad that the review has helped to bring an urge to read the book.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

JR Mercier wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 12:31 "Would you give up loving someone who does not love you back? Have you ever thought about this from God's own point of view?"
Well, this knocked me off my feet. This sounds like a riveting read. Very thorough review.
This is really great. Thanks for the reply. The question is thought-provoking indeed. It still lingers in my mind long after reading this book.
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”