Official Review: The Moral Vacuum by Martyn Gabe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: The Moral Vacuum by Martyn Gabe

Post by lesler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Moral Vacuum" by Martyn Gabe.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book The Moral Vacuum by Martyn Gabe is an in-depth look at the corruption of today's society, from descriptions of the United States prison system to the debates over the legalization of marijuana. The author argues how the terror attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001, has proven that it was a pre-planned event by the government and provides evidence that multiple businessmen used it as an opportunity to make money.

This book differs from others that I have read that deny the existence of the 9/11 plane attacks altogether, but rather that the government knew about the unfolding events ahead of time, and did nothing to stop the events. These are explosive claims, but the author backs up the claims with careful and believable research. Mr. Gabe claims to write from a non-partisan angle, but it appears that he leans slightly to the left in his political beliefs at times.

I enjoyed this book, as it was well written with material easy to understand and read with voracity. He carefully organizes his range of topics, which made for clear and concise reading. The book confused me at times, as he switched back and forth between the Metric and Imperial system of measurement when explaining specific numbers and distances, which I did not care for. I would have preferred the author stick to one system. There were a few grammatical and spelling errors throughout the book, but they did not distract from the writing.

One part of the book that the author did well was to give irrefutable evidence in the fact that the mainstream media and top government officials from different countries in the world knew about specific disasters before they happened, such as the stock market crash of 2008. Curious, I researched the author's claims myself in the form of news broadcasts and found the author was correct in his writings. I also liked how Mr. Gabe described how the technological era that we live in today is depleting our general humanity, which I agree with fully, and have been noticing for years.

I give The Moral Vacuum 3 out of 4 stars, for being well written, organized, and presented. I took away a star because of the confusion in the switching between measurement systems, as it is a big part of the book. I recommend this book for academics interested in seeking to understand the origins and consequences of American foreign policy with respect to today's global policies.

The Moral Vacuum
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 »

This book seems to address issues that'd be of interest to me. I'm particularly impressed with the fact that his statements are backed up by solid evidence. Thanks for the detailed review.
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

Wow these are some explosive elegations. I'm glad you mentioned that the author is able to back up the claims. Would be nice to read this book. Great review!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

An academic book that I will enjoy. I was still a child when 9/11 happened and I didn't realize what this signified back then. Now I would like to know more by reading this book. Thank you for your review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This book is a confirmation of what is already known by the public in general. I hope to have a read for the future. Thank you for your great review.
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

I might read this book one day, but I will be very skeptical if I do. In the last few years alone, I've heard claims made about many higher-ups being or doing very evil things backed with "irrefutable evidence," only for 100s of critiques to refute the evidence with real evidence.

With claims as strong as this one, I'm not interested in being fooled no matter how convincing the evidence is.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

This sounds like a great book. I've loved the 9/11 theories and a lot of them are scarily believable. Loose Change is a great doc to watch on it. I really enjoyed your review!
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

While I don't expect to agree with everything presented, I certainly agree with the author's take on the technological era we're in. I enjoy books that challenge my preconceived notions, whether I come away with my opinion changed or not. Thanks for the thorough review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”