Review by hollystover13 -- If life stinks get your head ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
hollystover13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollystover13.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by hollystover13 -- If life stinks get your head ...

Post by hollystover13 » 17 Jun 2018, 12:11

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts by Mark L. Wdowiak enlightens us about the excuses we make in life that keep us from our goals of becoming happier, healthier, more successful individuals. The focus of this book is to inform us that with the right mindset and good intentions that the rest of our lives will work itself out the way it should. In order for us to have positive changes we must open ourselves up to new and different ways of thinking and remain open to them. We also have to open our minds beyond our current beliefs and ideologies so we don't hinder ourselves from allowing our current way of thinking to block the progress we need to make to become more successful in our lives.

I really enjoyed this book and I don’t normally read nonfiction but something was pulling me to read this one. It’s true when the author states that the more you appreciate things, the more things you will find to be appreciative of. We as people tend to subconsciously focus on our weaknesses and forget to enhance our strengths and this book brings light to change our way of thinking that in turn changes our behavior. The author states that unrealized potential is a form of self-denial. This definitely is something to think about!

The biggest thing I enjoyed about this book was the author was straight forward and blunt. He put things into words that were truthful whether I wanted to admit them to myself or not. I wouldn’t say there was anything I didn’t like about it but it did make me realize things about myself that maybe I wasn’t ready to come to terms with.

I rated this book a 4 out of 4 stars for the simple fact that I was so engrossed that I couldn’t put it down. It was very real and helped me learn a lot about myself and how I can change my thinking and quit using “buts”, which I learned were nothing but excuses.

The people that would really enjoy this book would be an audience that wants success in their life and willing to change things to achieve it. It doesn’t have to be monetary, but people who want peace, happiness and a more fulfilling life than just existing on this planet. We all need to not work harder at life but work smarter!

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like hollystover13's review? Post a comment saying so!

FictionLover
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 84
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading: How To Develop Good Study Habits
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Tante Minnie by Marilyn Parker
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover » 03 Oct 2018, 17:48

. We as people tend to subconsciously focus on our weaknesses and forget to enhance our strengths and this book brings light to change our way of thinking that in turn changes our behavior. The author states that unrealized potential is a form of self-denial. This definitely is something to think about!
I agree. It's interesting how everyone gets something different out of this book.

:lire4:
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”