Official Review: A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Official Review: A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life

Post by Mouricia Allen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life" by Ronald J.Rees.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A tale by Ronald of a tree of life by Ronald J.Rees is an autobiography that talks about his family life, childhood and adulthood. There was much focus on his many illnesses, and how he overcame them.

Autobiographies are usually a hit or miss for me, I either like them or I don't, however, this book fell in the middle. I can't say I am in love with it, but I don't hate it either. The history lesson, in the beginning, was nice but I could have done without it, or maybe it could have been a preface or something, but not part of the main story.

I liked that there were pictures added to this book. I honestly can't tell the last time I read a book with pictures. It added a certain 'je ne said quois' quality to the book. Initially, I was not a fan of the third person writing, but it grew on me. He was very descriptive and his way of storytelling made me feel like I was there in the moment with him which was nice. Sometimes it even felt like it was my own memory I was reliving.

The book tends to go back and forth between different time periods, initially, it was not confusing. However as the book progressed, it got a little difficult to keep track of the plot. His accounts started out very pleasantly, however it got a bit depressing. Most of the novel was surrounded around his times in and out of various doctors' offices, and the treatment or lack thereof that he received. I suppose when you spend most of your life in and out of hospitals, that's what you will remember most. This man is the most unlucky and fortunate man all in one. He would find himself in a life or death situation, and then by some stroke of luck, it would make it out alive.

I did learn something very important from this book, and I am very thankful for it. If you think something is wrong with you medically, always get a second or third opinion; it may save your life. It also had an inspirational effect, as I noticed that he never gave up no matter what. Sometimes we just need to see other people go through worse things to motivate us.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, as I noticed some minor errors as well as aforementioned issues. I do however recommend this book to persons who love autobiographies as they may feel differently. Or even to persons who like inspirational stories.

A TALE BY Ronald OF A Tree Of Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mouricia25's review? Post a comment saying so!
mariacarolinea
Currently Reading: The Selection
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariacarolinea.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mariacarolinea »

The book message seems like a very beautiful one. It's always inspiring to see people overcoming their difficulties and how far they've come. I do agree that third person writing can be strange for an autobiography. This genre is not my favorite to read, but the review was interesting enough to make me want to give it a chance. Congratulations on the great review!
aribear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aribear »

I've never really read autobiographies but after this review I would want to give it a try.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

mariacarolinea wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 18:13 The book message seems like a very beautiful one. It's always inspiring to see people overcoming their difficulties and how far they've come. I do agree that third person writing can be strange for an autobiography. This genre is not my favorite to read, but the review was interesting enough to make me want to give it a chance. Congratulations on the great review!
I agree with mariacarolinea; this seems like a really inspiring read indeed. Thank you for the lovely review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”