Official Review: Boss Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Tak...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Re: Official Review: Boss Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Tak...

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I´m always a little distrustful of this "easy steps" guides that seem to promise too much, but your review totally convinced me to pick this one up. The author seems honest and it´s a topic I´m interested in. I like the "no-nonsense" and sassy approach that you describe the author has.
Thanks for your review!
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

A comprehensive guide that teaches not only how to take charge of career by cultivating a “Boss Bitch” mentality, and incorporates a step-by-step tutorial for aspiring entrepreneurs? Sounds interesting. I'll read this book in order to know more.

Polishing résumé and creating an awesome elevator pitch to finding the best way to maximise both profit and time once your business is established? Sounds promising!

This is book is best recommended to those who are into business.

Thanks for the detailed review.
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

daniya__shah3 wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 13:54 Books about sassy, confident and bad-ass women always make me want to read all from the genre. Plus, this one sounds a lot different than others. Might give this one a try. Amazing review, loved your perspective!
You’re right! This one really kept you interested, and it wasn’t dry at all. Thanks for your kind comments!
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Kat Berg wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 14:46
gen_g wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 09:16
kandscreeley wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 07:35 The book sounds great, and the author sounds even better. I'd love to be able to take this information and start my own business. I'm just really unsure that I would be able to actually succeed at it. Nonetheless, this sounds like it's chock full of information. Thanks so much for introducing this one to us.
You’re welcome! I enjoyed reading this one very much, and it discusses issues we could all learn, from salary negotiation techniques to dealing with office politics. Thanks for your kind comments.
Statistically speaking, things like salary negotiation are what women are notoriously bad at. Very often it doesn't even occur to them to ask for a different number than what is offered, so I am quite glad that she addresses that. I also appreciate she addresses tax concerns, although that may be USA specific (although I am making an assumption here). I believe that is the thing least planned for when starting a business. Very few people know, for instance, that taxes must be filed a month earlier than personal taxes. And that is just one detail. Thanks for the review.
Yes you are right, this is actually USA-specific when it comes to the issue of taxes. She did include that detail about the time period for tax submission, as well as to tell the reader the name of various forms one would have to fill if one decided to implement certain measures in one’s company. There is also a section dedicated to tax planning, actually! Thanks for your kind comments!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Lunastella wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 18:04 I´m always a little distrustful of this "easy steps" guides that seem to promise too much, but your review totally convinced me to pick this one up. The author seems honest and it´s a topic I´m interested in. I like the "no-nonsense" and sassy approach that you describe the author has.
Thanks for your review!
Thank you for your kind comments! It was indeed easy to follow, and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Dolor wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 19:33 A comprehensive guide that teaches not only how to take charge of career by cultivating a “Boss Bitch” mentality, and incorporates a step-by-step tutorial for aspiring entrepreneurs? Sounds interesting. I'll read this book in order to know more.

Polishing résumé and creating an awesome elevator pitch to finding the best way to maximise both profit and time once your business is established? Sounds promising!

This is book is best recommended to those who are into business.

Thanks for the detailed review.
Indeed, it is a great guide for people who want to further their careers. Thanks for the kind comments! I hope you enjoy it.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

The type of book that I wouldn't want to let it pass. I know I want to be an entrepreneur in future, so I believe this informative book will help me with that, at least in boosting my confidence and developing the boss bitch mentality. I hope you don't mind me sharing your review on my Twitter because this type of detailed and informative book is too good to withhold. Thank you for sharing this with us. Great review!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 00:27 The type of book that I wouldn't want to let it pass. I know I want to be an entrepreneur in future, so I believe this informative book will help me with that, at least in boosting my confidence and developing the boss bitch mentality. I hope you don't mind me sharing your review on my Twitter because this type of detailed and informative book is too good to withhold. Thank you for sharing this with us. Great review!
Indeed! I hope that this book will be able help you as much you need. As for sharing it on Twitter, so long as you link it back I do not mind. In fact, thank you for thinking it good enough! 😁 I very much appreciate your kind comments.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review. I would have been put off by the ’bitch’ part of the title as the most effective boss I ever had was a woman for whom we would do anything because we adored her. However, your review has piqued my interest.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Helen_Combe wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 02:52 Great review. I would have been put off by the ’bitch’ part of the title as the most effective boss I ever had was a woman for whom we would do anything because we adored her. However, your review has piqued my interest.
Thanks Helen, for the kind comments. Your boss sounds exactly like the person Lapin wants us to be. :lol: Lapin actually redefines the meaning of Boss Bitch in her introduction:
I’ve been called both a boss and a bitch (and variations of those words) throughout my career in a derogatory way. But I never understood how my ambitions deserved even the slightest insult. I mean, if killing it at work means I’m a bitch, then great, I’m a bitch and I’m owning it! If being on top of my business means I’m bossy, then great, I’ll own that, too. Being a badass in your career is something that should be praised, not put down. So I’m taking back any dumb, offensive, or negative connotations those words have had in the past and, instead, using them in a positive way.
With this paragraph, I totally fell in love with her book, since I think it's important for us women to start taking charge of our own autonomy and stop letting the word "bitch" bring us down. :lol:
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Oooooh this sounds like a good one. I love a brilliant female badass, especially one that happily shares her secrets :) Sounds like there is some really valuable information in here. Thanks for the awesome review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Bianka Walter wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 04:38 Oooooh this sounds like a good one. I love a brilliant female badass, especially one that happily shares her secrets :) Sounds like there is some really valuable information in here. Thanks for the awesome review!
I know, right? 😂 It was indeed an informative read. Thanks for your kind comments, Bianka!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I have to say the title is just one sassy name, it also speaks boldly about itself. I'm glad that you enjoyed this book. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 07:21 I have to say the title is just one sassy name, it also speaks boldly about itself. I'm glad that you enjoyed this book. Thank you for your review!
Thank you for your kind comments!
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

This sounds like a really interesting read even if you aren't planning to start a business! I really like that the author gives sassy, well-written and well-thought-out advice--the book sounds like am incredibly solid one and from your review, it definitely seems worth picking up. Thank you for your thorough and well-written critique, it was very helpful! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”