Official Review: Life after Life by Boyko Ovcharov

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Life after Life by Boyko Ovcharov

Post by Mailis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life after Life" by Boyko Ovcharov.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life after Life by Boyko Ovcharov isn’t so much a book, as a short story describing the journey of life through transformations that have taken place and somewhat philosophical musings that have been written down, giving us access to authors inner reflections about his feelings, general family dynamics and achievements.

The book consists of the following seven chapters: The Mother, The (Grand)Dad, Education, Childhood Dreams, Career, Love and The Way Forward. Each chapter is only a few pages long and written on the subjects aptly mentioned in the name. The writing style is very poetic and overall tone aims to be positive and light.

The author seems to be a nice person with a gentle soul who has experienced and internalized the loss of his mother at an early age. He keeps pointing out that he is very intelligent, and that this quality has been always unappreciated by his father and other relatives and acquaintances. I think this might be one of the reasons he seems to need constant external affirmation from the reader about his life views and values.

His biggest dream is to become a writer and I admire his tenacity to achieve this dream. As this short story gives a vague outline of a book, then maybe he could take this as a starting place and really work on giving a more precise account of his life with more attention to details and with an established proper storyline.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars because as a reader whose first language isn’t English, even I could tell that the sentence structure and grammar need a helping hand from a professional editor. This book needs to evolve and grow a bit more, but I think to have a true passion for writing is an excellent starting point for this author and anything is possible if you want it enough. Like I said before, the bones of the story are there, now they need some flesh on them.

I recommend this book to those who feel the same aspiration as the author does, to become a writer or for those who feel misunderstood because they value intelligence and education more than monetary accomplishments and displays of visible wealth. This is a short reading and it doesn’t take the reader very long time to finish it, so if you want to read something quick that has somewhat philosophical content, then this is for you.

Life after Life
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mailis's review? Post a comment saying so!
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

This book sounds interesting, however, I don't think I can read a book full of grammatical errors without getting frustrated easily. A couple of them would still have been better than a lot of them, so I think I'll pass. Thanks for the honest opinion!
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I enjoyed your review! Your approach to the negatives of this book is sensitive and encouraging. My tone could be better in that regard in my reviews. I hope the author continues to write and improve.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

This philosophical book sounds interesting with poetic approach. However, I think I will only read this only after this book is well-edited.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”