Official Review: Perseverance Is Key by Regina M Pontes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Official Review: Perseverance Is Key by Regina M Pontes

Post by k2rugman »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Perseverance Is Key" by Regina M Pontes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Perseverance is Key: Unlocking the Internal Power of You by Regina M. Pontes is an uplifting book that follows the trials of the author. Her attitude and courage will leave you feeling hopeful and encouraged.

The author begins by explaining a little bit about her personality. She is self-described as “extroverted and fearless”. I feel that fearlessness played an important role in the countless trials she faced in her life. Each chapter, titled by baseball innings, is dedicated to a different trial in her life. She dealt with the death of several loved ones and a myriad of medical issues. Among those medical issues, Pontes faced breast cancer, melanoma, throat cancer, rectal cancer, chronic cellulitis, and a stroke; just to name a few. She was in and out of hospitals most of her adult life. It seemed anytime she was recovering and on a good streak, something unfortunate would happen again. Her positive outlook on life helped carry her from situation to situation.

I really enjoyed this book. I read it at a trying time in my life. Upon completion, I found myself rejuvenated, finding I could face my trials with a brighter outlook. The author’s courage is contagious. It is truly incredible to think about all the things Pontes went through. Her writing style is entertaining and enjoyable. Even though the author writes about several heartbreaking events, the overall tone of the book is lighthearted. The chapters are short and manageable. I could have finished this book in a matter of hours.

I did notice a couple of grammatical errors. There were also some formatting issues that caused some weird sentence structure. These issues did not detract from my overall enjoyment of this book. I would easily give this book a full four stars if the format and grammar issues were addressed.

I give Perseverance is Key: Unlocking the Internal Power of You by Regina M. Pontes 3 out of 4 stars. This was a delightful, quick read. I marveled at the author’s tenacity and gumption at facing each trial with positivity. This book will embolden any reader who may or may not be facing similar issues. You don’t even have to be going through any trials to be interested in this book. The author gives credit to God for seeing her through. Despite the religious undertones, non-religious readers will not find this overbearing or distracting. She also includes several numbers and websites of various branches of medical professionals, which some might find helpful. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a quick uplifting read.

Perseverance Is Key
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like k2rugman's review? Post a comment saying so!
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

Your review shows you really enjoyed reading the book, it does sound intriguing to me too. Might as well give it a read sometime. Thanks though, for coming up with an honest review. It is really helpful.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

I agree fully. Your passion in writing the review shows the impact the author had on you. I myself am not one at all to pick up a nonfiction self-help book, however ypur review amd the synopsis have me intrigued
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I love the author's attitude and I really want to read this myself. It reminds me of Damn the Diagnosis, by Joel Nathan, who faced a series of diseases with poise and humor himself. Great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Seems to me things start to fall apart one after the other, well life is at time like that. I admire that the author brough this topic straight through her book. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

When you mentioned "...a quick uplifting read.", and the fact the author give glory to God, I'm sold to this book. Thank you for your review!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Plfern
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plfern.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Plfern »

An uplifting book that is a quick read sounds like a winner to me. You certainly don't want to be bogged down trying to read something that is supposed to help motivate you out of the blues. Thank you for the uplifting review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”