Official Review: Excelsis Dei by Paul Linke

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: Excelsis Dei by Paul Linke

Post by lesler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Excelsis Dei" by Paul Linke.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Excelsis Dei by Paul Linke is a deep exploration of how religion has shaped the world as we know it today. The correlation of religion and physics have worked together for as long as we have existed, depending on what you believe for that specific number of years. Multitudes of topics are introduced as the author explores the historical significance of different physicists, professors, theologians, and religious figures and their influence on our current society. Many different religions are explained, as well as various societies such as the Masons, and careful detail and research is put into the explanation of these cultures.

In this nonfiction book, the author spends quite a bit of time discussing the different meaning of shapes, and how its symbolism has significance in religious culture. For example, the triangle on the cover is a secret symbol in an ancient society with hidden magic, and one must read further to understand its' physical components to make it as such. Ultimately, this eternal force is fueled by God and one's love and reverence for a higher being.

I really liked the concept of this book, looking for a more intense type of Dan Brown book (the DaVinci Code). The book was difficult to read, with little structure and rambling writing style. This book desperately needs proofreading, whether professional or not. It was abundantly clear that the author's primary language is not English, as consistent grammatical errors appear throughout the book. For example, the word "belief" was used in place of the word "believe." I would like to see this book re-written with an outline as a basic structure, with a table of contents and chapters. This would make the book much more organized, and easier to read.

This book jumped so erratically from subject to subject that it made it difficult to gain knowledge from this book. I feel that the better format for this book would be in audio form, with the author reading. It is apparent the author is passionate in writing about this subject, but it was difficult to stay focused while reading because more than one topic was written about at all times.

I give Excelsis Dei by Paul Linke 1 out of 4 stars, for its difficulty of reading, lots of grammatical and spelling errors, and inconsistent reading flow. I would recommend this book for professors or religion looking for supplemental material for their own writing text.

Excelsis Dei
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Ambitious but interesting subject matter! Too bad it doesn't play out well in this case. Great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I really love this interesting concept. There are many of us, seeking more answers about religion and would quickly grab a copy of this book. Sorry about the editorial errors. Thank you for your honest review.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Debated a few times on whether to choose this book to review or not. Glad I didn't since you rated it 1 out 4 stars. However, the concepts do seem interesting, especially the meaning of shapes. As someone who studies different religions and the supernatural as a unique hobby, that certainly piqued my interest.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

This does not sound like my type of book. Plus, the grammatical errors would have me pulling out my hair so I'll pass. Thank you for the review, mate :D
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Too bad about the rate, I would love to check this book out, but if the reviewer says otherwise I like to take that opinion. Thank you for your detailed!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I had thought about reviewing this at one time. Glad I did not because it sounds quite a difficult read. Thanks for persevering.
Corhan2
Favorite Book: Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta #2)
Currently Reading: Land of Painted Caves
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corhan2.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Corhan2 »

Thanks for the review. I am not into this kind of topics, but that being said, the concept sounds interesting enough and I might just reconsider. Pity about the editorial errors.
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Abfaniki »

Nice review, I like the concept of the book: it sounds interesting.
opinion is like ass, everyone has one and it's full of sh*t. :D :lol: :o :(
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Sounds like an academic book. Too bad about those errors that you have mentioned. I will only check this out when it is well-edited. Thank you for your great review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

The book seems to delve into so many topics all at once. Physics and religion plus the meaning behind shapes are difficult areas to be an expert in. I don't think I will have the energy to wade through all the information in the book while at the same time guessing what words the author means to use.

Thanks for the tactful review, Lesler! I hope professors of religion will find the book helpful.
Plfern
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plfern.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Plfern »

Thank you for the enlightening review. The cover of this book is quite nice, but the title is what really caught my eye. When this book is fully edited, I would be interested in reading it. I am too distracted when there are multiple spelling and grammatical errors.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”