Official Review: The Pre & Post College Student Pocke...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Re: Official Review: The Pre & Post College Student Pocke...

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Thank you for your thoughts on this book. I'm glad you took a lot out of this book, but I don't think it is for me. He immediately called out those who are in loads of debt after graduating as not making good choices. I don't agree. I did well on the SATs, was invovled in extracurriculars, had hundreds of hours of community service, and got a scholarship. Despite this, I'm still well over $30,000 in debt.

Ekta Kumari
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: There and Back There Again
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

Nice review. I like the practical approach of this book. Though, it is not something I am very much interested in reading. But I am sure this can be of help to someone in need of career guidance or financial advice.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant

jemgirl202
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
2017 Reading Goal: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 80
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 854
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

I wish I had something like this in college. This self-help book is unique in the sense that it focuses on college. It is filled with tips and references to help guide high school and college students. Congrats on the book of the day! Great review!

Ms Maina
Currently Reading: The Siege
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Ms Maina »

Personally I think this self-help book should be circulated in high schools and universities. It's an amazing life guide to help young people accomplish their goals, get a better future and also keep them motivated. Best bit about it is the size, you can carry it along anywhere. I am reading this as soon as possible.

bruin
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: The Pre & Post College Student Pocket Guide to Success by Renee J. Bey

Post by bruin »

Cinda wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 07:28
I enjoyed reading your review. I would have definitely benefitted from this book when joining university but I reckon it is not too late to apply the gems of knowledge from this book now.
Thanks! Yes, it's definitely not too late since she also gives great tips about saving for retirement as well.

Mercy Bolo
2019 Reading Goal: 144
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 118
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercy Bolo »

The author targets preteens and teens with this book, but those who are way past that age bracket need not worry as the topics of debt and saving (which are all too familiar) are also covered.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

Zain A Blade
2018 Reading Goal: 600
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 3
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

This book is must-have for any serious high school student wishing to go to college. It can help a person make the right choices about where to study, how to finance his study and the ideal course for him to study, as well as the best approach to get there. In the absence of a good guidance counseling program in a kid's high school, this book can be a life-saver.

Tars
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Apex Five
Bookshelf Size: 220

Post by Tars »

It sounds like really helpful book, but unfortunately way out of date for me)) Still, I can appreciate how beneficial it would be to teens to get practical advises and tips in already trying times of journey to maturity.

Elikem Hoppey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Elikem Hoppey »

The pre & post college student pocket
Even though am out of college I will recommend this book to those entering into college and are in college. The author elaborated on the benefits in saving and planning for your future ahead. I wish I could read this book before entering into college. Well, she also gave some points for saving for retirement. That was a great idea. I will recommend it to everyone who want a success in life.

rusyalana
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 132

Post by rusyalana »

Self-help books are not my cup of tea, but I read the review and the book seems really informative and educational for young people who who are just planning their carreer and want to achieve something in their lives. I particularly like the fact that the author explains how understanding of some topics can help you get into college and avoid accumulating debt. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!

hsimone
Lilimaster of Bookshelves
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 38
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Bookshelf Size: 474
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hsimone.html
Latest Review: You & Me & Allergies by Shelly Orloff
Publishing Contest Votes: 27

Post by hsimone »

A self-help book that touches upon college preparation, debt prevention, and ways to save for retirement sounds like a good read. I like how you mentioned the organization of the book was well done with each chapter focusing on a different topics. It's also nice to hear that each chapter ends with a summary and key points to take away. Glad to hear that this is professionally edited and you find this useful for even the younger crowd and for yourself. Thank you for sharing!
"Love is patient, love is kind." -1 Corinthians 13:4

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

The pre and post college student pocket guide" is a self help book in which the author describes the ways for the students how to take admission in college class, how to prepare for entrance exams, how to pass the exams and how to enter the next stage of life. He also tells the ways of doing work and earning. He soon tells the easy way to retirement.

Snowflake
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Losing It All by Simon Potter

Post by Snowflake »

Thanks for your review. It sounds like this book is well organized. It seems like a great idea to me to have a quick guide that includes succinct details on college entrance requirements and how to have good credit and pay for college in a practical way. Adding info about saving for retirement also seems like an excellent idea.
peace starts with a smile...

Ianica
2019 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianica.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ianica »

The self-help book is not for teens only but seems to apply to even those who want to change their careers as they are stuck in bad ones. There is a glimpse of hope in pursuing the right career as the book provides guidance.

mac83
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 576
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mac83.html
Latest Review: Mosaic of a Broken Heart by Sara Jouret

Post by mac83 »

While the cover makes me believe the book would benefit those going off to college, I really enjoyed reading the review and hearing about the motivational aspect of this book.
Mac :techie-reference:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”