Official Review: 35 Pounds by DV Nelson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Official Review: 35 Pounds by DV Nelson

Post by dhomespot »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "35 Pounds" by DV Nelson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

35 Pounds by DV Nelson is the perfect example of keeping to your faith and trust that everything will work out like it supposed to. This is an autobiography that will, at times, have you at the edge of your seat. It also shows us some of the competition that happens between officers while they work hard to keep drugs out of the state.

Mr. Nelson learned at an early age that he would have to work hard to get what he wants out of life. His dream at the time was to get out of Texas. DV started working at a very early age to achieve this dream. As soon as he was old enough, he joined the military and started to really live his dream. To DV it seemed that something was always trying to drag him back to Texas. He did his best to avoid it, but there is no getting his going back.

I really liked the way the author expressed himself in this book. He was not afraid to voice the doubts and fears he experienced while trying to find his path. His descriptions were vivid enough to be able to picture, in your mind, the events that were taking place. You will feel his frustration when he believes that his ex wife is not providing a safe environment for their daughter. He has to decide whether to break the rules or have faith that justice will prevail when he learns his ex-wife has someone new living with her.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because I really had a hard time putting this book down. There were times that DV’s strength and patience far exceeded mine. His faith served him well and he was rewarded for his faith. He believe that anyone that reads this book will enjoy it. I did not find that many errors, certainly not enough to take away from the story. This book does look to be professionally edited.

How do you react when you see a state troopers car pulled in the median or on the side of the road? Does your foot automatically lift from the gas pedal even if you are going the speed limit? After reading this book, a lightbulb went off in my head. They are not only looking for speeders to keep us safe on the highways. They are looking to stop the people that are smuggling dugs into the state. I now feel even more safe on the roads.

35 Pounds
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dhomespot's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

Sounds like an enthralling read. Thank you for the detailed review. I definitely want to read this book.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Seems like an excellent autobiography of a man of faith, strength and character. Life can certainly be challenging at times, and the way someone handles these challenges says a lot about who they are as a person.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

This sounds very interesting. I really enjoy a well-written autobiography, so I think I'll check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Mnoah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mnoah »

This sounds very interesting , ,can wait to ready the book.
JJNP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnp.html
Latest Review: The Seduction of Religion by Paul Singh
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by JJNP »

Thanks for your review. It made me want to read the book.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

You don't read many books from this perspective. It sounds like it would be quite interesting, and I'm glad the author feels free to express himself. Thanks for introducing us to it.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 »

Sounds like an engaging autobiography of a man of strong will and faith in God. Thanks for the detailed review.
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Sounds like a super interesting read. Thank you for your review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

This sounds like a great book. I am adding to my bookshelves right now. Thanks for the review!
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

I don't really like autobiographies but your review made me change my mind. It seems that the characters is teaching the readers to be positive in life.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”