Official Review: First Fruits by Susan Butler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elias254
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: First Fruits by Susan Butler

Post by Elias254 »

It is very interesting that the book is broken up into weeks, but I completely agree with you that there should be clear topic for each week. Perhaps there are way too many topics and they cannot be reduced to 53? Still, a clear picture of the material would be a great ideas. Thanks.
kmhall
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by kmhall »

I have read many spiritually guided books before and this one was different because of how the author allows God to speak through her. Even though I didn't always agree with the ways of the book, for instance sacrifices, I still see the healing in the book.
Munkhtsetseg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Munkhtsetseg »

I'm not a religious but I tried.Thanks for the book, and hardwork pays..
glorym123

Post by glorym123 »

Am really happy for this Bible, it really teach us something good
Moureenkaranu
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moureenkaranu.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Moureenkaranu »

Great review. I love the message of the book; I am a Christian, and I love reading books written matter concerning God. I love the way the writer expresses the struggles she went through and how she overcame them using faith.
Addy2016

Post by Addy2016 »

This is such a great idea for a book. I am not a religious person at all, but I have read the Bible (I know it's weird, but I like the stories). I think that a book that takes you through the teachings one week at a time is a wonderful idea. I love that there is also room for you to write in your own thoughts.
I agree that it would be worthwhile to focus her chapters more on what the heading is. A good roadmap of what her weekly thoughts and ideas are would really tighten up the book.
chukwudiukwu

Post by chukwudiukwu »

Amen, the Lord is always with us.
Roxanne10

Post by Roxanne10 »

Riszell wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 01:22
The Lord has a tight grip on us. He will never let us go. Not now; not ever.
:angelic-cyan: :angelic-cyan: :angelic-cyan:
god loves us he never take is for granted we can always relay on him
Oluwanifeseun1

Post by Oluwanifeseun1 »

This is a very amazing piece. It's so easy to understand and illuminating.
Dragneel Natsu

Post by Dragneel Natsu »

Great book. This book is going to do a great job on people wishing to know God more. Just like it did to me. Well good job and i love the book. :P
Jolie ann Vargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Jolie ann Vargas »

It's definitely true that the bible has been a source of encouragement, comfort and confirmation for many people throughout the year. I also like the way you review it because you are considering the expectation versus reality. When you mention that although the book has many qualities, it may not be for everyone. You are pointing that the reality is that, not all people is reading the christian book because of those who do not adhere the bible principle will find it no interest. So we cannot expect all the readers to read it.
But overall, i like the idea that we can only find the answer to our questions or doubt in life with the help of bible.
Torypee

Post by Torypee »

Amazing book.... First fruit has always been a controversial topic of discussion... And now it's been made easy to digest and simple to understand. Biblical concepts are usually put at arms length mostly because of its complex nature... An attempt at explaining any biblical concept should be highly appreciated.....

Beautiful, just beautiful.
Ilesanmi1010
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero

Post by Ilesanmi1010 »

Ohh I love the book. It has really given me an idea on how to love closer to God... Nice
pchuks81
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by pchuks81 »

I agree that it would be worthwhile to focus her chapters more on what the heading is. A good roadmap of what her weekly thoughts and ideas are would really tighten up the book.
I've tried reading the Bible from cover to cover in a year before and failed. Maybe this book might help me finally reach my goal. Thank you for writing such a beautiful review I like the message of the book. We people forgotten our duty to God. Even the simplest way of talking to God because of our own priorities in life. We must thank him for giving each day to cherish with. Maybe it’s about time to to mend the bond and lend him a time everyday just to thank him for everything he has given us Despite of our actions.
Jonida
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonida.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Jonida »

Bible is an inspiring book, and every book supporting it is with a great value. Good job on your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”