Official Review: First Fruits by Susan Butler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Official Review: First Fruits by Susan Butler

Post by Waragu Samuel »

This non fictional book is great. For sure, these 51 precepts are great. As someone who started practising christiantity in s seerious manner recently, this is my book. Thanks.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Akani_adey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akani_adey »

Excellent! A devotional that simplifies the Bible. This book is definitely on my mind.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's #BOTD sounds like a wonderful book for those who may struggle to read the Bible on their own. I like the mention of the open space for readers to write their own reflections. I often find that through reflection (on anything I do in life), I have growth in that particular area. If I get off track, having written record of my journey allows me the option to return to it to use as a guide, directing me back to where I need to be. It also serves as a reminder of all the positive changes I've made along my journey. Thank you so much for your review! It was very well-written and extremely helpful. I've downloaded my book, amd I'm looking forward to checking it out some more. Keep up the great work! :-)
IssaMungutiWorld

Post by IssaMungutiWorld »

Being Christian..first fruits is inspirational the book is wonderful for truth seekers I loved it :tiphat:
Dr Kelley
Currently Reading: The Seduction of Religion
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Dr Kelley »

The review here is awesome!!! The reviewer has given a great deal of insight into the book, and that insight is very helpful in determining whether one would want to read the book. Personally, I am a grammar nerd, so when I find grammatical errors, I cringe. Even in text messages, I use complete sentences and correct grammar. The review did make me much more inclined to read the book. Even if one is not a Christian, or specifically a Baptist, I'm sure there is still much wisdom to be gained from the reading of this book. The review was very well written. Kudos!!!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

nice review of the book which tries to give the revelation of the ancient scriptures and message they are conveying. Many god loving people may surely read it and benefit from it
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

Thank you for a very detailed review. I was surprised to read the book is written "in the first person of God", but I have later understood that the author probably refers to her daily conversations with God. I am afraid I do not have the patience to read daily from a devotional book. However, I appreciate the Scripture quotes and the author's overall intention to spread the word of God.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

Your review was very well written and insightful, I learned a lot about the book. Thank you!
I can tell the book is very compelling to readers, as a not very religious person I respect the ideas, but I don't think it's right for me.
I think the cover is well done and it was enjoyable to hear your thoughts about her "Undertaking of trying to make the Bible and more understandable resource".
adeleke_adey

Post by adeleke_adey »

Blue_fox wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 04:06 I like the message of the book. We people forgotten our duty to God. Even the simplest way of talking to God because of our own priorities in life. We must thank him for giving each day to cherish with. Maybe it’s about time to to mend the bond and lend him a time everyday just to thank him for everything he has given us Despite of our actions.
I agree with you. Sometimes you just need a good book to help you with your relationship with God.
Nehson
Favorite Book: Cynthia and Dan
Currently Reading: monk who sold his ferrari
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Nehson »

This is indeed a good food for the soul. God really, and truly deserve the best.
Thanks to Susan Butler for making this. And glory be to Almighty for the grace.
Nehson
Favorite Book: Cynthia and Dan
Currently Reading: monk who sold his ferrari
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Nehson »

First Fruits by Susan Butler is a good book, I sincerely appreciate the good work God used you to do, through this book.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

I like that this devotional lets you start at any time of year, and go from there. Looks great!
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

It sounds like a good device for making the Bible -- a very large and diverse book -- a little easier to understand. Breaking it down into smaller parts, and including comments in each of them; it's very liturgical. Sounds like a good read, and your review was quite enlightening.
KessaMefford

Post by KessaMefford »

When I started reading the review I was intrigued at such a cool idea for a boon, but was disappointed to see that it wasn’t as organized as I hoped it would be. Thanks for the thorough review!
BDTheresa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bdtheresa.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BDTheresa »

It's true that the Bible has been a source of encouragement, comfort and confirmation to me and it's my favorite book of all. Many of us has departed from GOD, some has poor relationships with HIM due to struggle and worries of life. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”