Review by zilizopita1998 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
zilizopita1998
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zilizopita1998.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by zilizopita1998 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by zilizopita1998 » 02 Jun 2018, 03:41

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rob White’s book, And Then I Met Margaret: Stories of Ordinary Gurus is a non-fiction work. The book is more of the author’s autobiography since the story narrates the author’s life journey from his early life to his adult life. The author’s family reigns from a little town that has a couple factories. Most high school leavers opted to get a living from the two factories. The author’s grandfather and father are former employees of these duo factories. This story is told in the first person’s point of view and it is in a nonlinear fashion.

Rob White had an ambition of attending college one day. His efforts bore fruits and so he secured a chance at the University of Massachusetts. After college, he ventured into his teaching carrier and on became a successful businessman. Rob White narrates the important lessons of life he has learned from numerous people that he has come out throughout his life. The author is brave enough to share with his readers the odds and problems that defines him as a human.

In the first section of this book, Rob White narrates the lessons he has learned from members of his family, his hometown residents and the wisdom that he exchanged with his students when he was in his teaching career. The author remembers the kindness of a stranger that he was in a position to share kindness to later on. He equally recalls the wisdom that he shared so as to promote self-esteem among the young people. The story progresses through the author’s life and the last section narrates the author’s entrepreneurial skills and how he eventually ventured into real estate development and later to restaurants business. I really loved how he expresses his personal relationships with these events. I believe that this is very important in teaching other people.

The author tells his readers the myths that he once believed in. This is in the early parts of every paragraph. The narration of the myths is very significant in sparking off humor. Each chapter of this book has a significant lesson that the author learned in life. I really liked his emphasis on the importance of hard work. The author equally shows the importance of following rules and regulations. This book is well endowed with life lessons that all readers will just have to love. I learned to remain honest in life.

I believe that this book is very inspirational and so I would recommend it to young readers who are thriving to find their space in life. People who are planning to indulge into business will also find it helpful. Since this is a creative story and that the book is properly written and edited, I awarded it 4 out of 4 stars. It is indeed such a perfect book. I strongly believe that you will enjoy this book, And Then I Met Margaret.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like zilizopita1998's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”