Official Review: Higher Power Business by George Lovato Jr.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
EmunahAn
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 66
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: Higher Power Business by George Lovato Jr.

Post by EmunahAn » 30 May 2018, 07:18

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Higher Power Business" by George Lovato Jr..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Higher Power Business by George Lovato Jr. is a non-fiction book that provides profound insight to the business world from a godly perspective. In a world that is ruled by political correctness, business and religious beliefs barely ever come together. George Lovato Jr. disagrees with this notion. Better still, he can prove that when we genuinely involve God in our businesses, we are more likely to succeed and find the whole process more meaningful. The author has lived out this principle, tried and tested it and expounds on it in this aptly-named book.

As a corporate finance consultant, George Lovato Jr. has worked to revive businesses in different industries. In some cases, he, with the cooperation of the client, managed to turn things around. In other cases, they were not so fortunate. The reasons for failure seemed to be common despite the industries in which the businesses belonged to while the involvement of God majorly through prayers, always seemed to provide a conduit for success.

I loved basically everything contained in this book. First, the book opens with an interesting scene, a typical case of people’s separation of God and business. This created that critical initial interest in me to continue reading the book. The author continues to show the reader how God is already in their business and the importance of being open to God. He emphasizes the importance of the authentic expression of love in the workplace while keeping a look-out for God’s signs. Still, there are so many thought-provoking truths contained in Higher Power Business that if I had to list them all, I would have to rewrite the whole book in this review.

There are keenly-selected accounts of George Lovato Jr.’s encounters in his line of work. They helped me internalize the message and appreciate the advice the author offers.

I loved that the author writes pretty openly and strongly about his opinion of the subject matter. His unfeigned focus on a love for others and not superficial and selfish efforts was touching. The narration contains some hints of humor. All these facets of the book blended really well together.

I rate Higher Power Business 4 out of 4 stars and I will definitely grab myself a copy of The Common Denominators of an Unprofitable Business by the same author. This book definitely changed my perspective and challenged me to apply my Biblical knowledge in laying the foundation and growing my businesses.

Higher Power Business
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron

SamSim
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samsim.html
Latest Review: Zertone by Amanda K. Rivers
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by SamSim » 07 Jun 2018, 13:38

I am so excited about this book and glad I read your review. I am delighted this book exists and I hope this indicates an upturn in the trend of godly-run businesses. My husband is an aspiring business owner and I will definitely be recommending this to him. Thank you for your thorough review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:

Mouricia25
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia25 » 07 Jun 2018, 21:38

I liked this and the plot content of the book spiked my interest. I may consider reading it.

KitabuKitamu
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 205
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukitamu.html
Latest Review: The Diary Of A Changed Man by Marlon reid

Post by KitabuKitamu » 08 Jun 2018, 06:35

This sounds like a great book relevant to business people who may struggle with moral standards in a world which not everyone plays by the rules. I'd like to read it sometime soon.

Nimat87
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 » 13 Jun 2018, 11:01

I agree with the author that the God factor is truly missing in our business transactions and interactions today. I'm pleased to know that a book such as this exists. Thanks for your detailed review.
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”