Review by Farmgurl1 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by Farmgurl1 -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Farmgurl1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The novel And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White is a non-fiction story about the journey of the author to find the true meaning of his existence. The book is a self-help type book, leading the reader on an inspirational journey through Mr. White’s quest to overcome his humble beginnings.

Rob White comes from a small town where every boy follows in his father’s footsteps to find work at the local factory. Despite his meager beginnings, Mr. White is able to excel, go to college and find his purpose. He goes on to become a teacher, a successful real estate agent and a restaurateur. Of course, there are many bumps and bruises along the way as Mr. White finds his groove through self-awareness and inspirational life lessons. The story takes the reader through twenty-one of Mr. White’s encounters with self-help "gurus" who each teach him a little more about himself and the characteristics needed to become the successful businessman he desires to become. He learns that the most important lessons often come from the most unlikely sources.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This novel was well written with very few noticeable errors. I really enjoyed that the story allowed the reader to see what ingredients help the author become more enlightened and allow him to achieve his personal goals. The motivation that the author displays in the book is truly amazing, even after he fails and loses his focus a few times. Often times throughout history, the most successful people fail many times before they succeed. This process of achieving eventual success must take a high level of self esteem and belief in themselves.

Throughout the book, the author seems to be searching for something that is absent in his life, and never seems to be completely satisfied with his current situation. After reading the book, I don’t think he ever completely finds what he is looking for to quiet that inner voice that tells him there is more to life. I never felt that the story came full circle and that the author was ever totally satisfied with himself.

In summary, I think the book would appeal to readers who like the self-help genre and feel empowered by reading stories of other’s journey to success. Reading about Mr. White’s voyage to find himself was informative and enlightening. I would recommend this book to those who feel they have hit a wall and are looking for a new path.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Farmgurl1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”