Official Review: The Way Of The Warrior Mama by Sally Clark

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: The Way Of The Warrior Mama by Sally Clark

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Way Of The Warrior Mama" by Sally Clark.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

She was a typical 15-year-old girl. It was a harmless night of teenage rebellion until a boy turned it into a traumatic experience that changed her life forever. Author Sally Clark shares how she has learned to overcome and fight the anxiety of her daughters becoming victims of sexual violence as well in The Way of The Warrior Mamma: A Guide to Keeping Your Daughter Safe and Thriving in Your Mamma Life.

In our society, a girl is viewed either as a virgin or a slut. There seems to be nothing in between. Furthermore, our girls are raised to be gentle, quiet, and sweet. Any form of protest, self-pride, or sexual eagerness is unseemly. These facts and other elements lead to the rape culture that we live in today. Sally Clark is determined to break this cycle, help victims of sexual violence to heal, and protect girls and women from becoming sexual-violence victims. Empowerment, knowledge, and self-care will change the lives of women and girls. Sally Clark shares her story of healing and the tools and knowledge she uses to protect herself and her daughters.

When I began reading this book I thought that Sally Clark was paranoid. As a mother, I worry about my children every day, but what I worry about can change by the minute. However, my mindset changed abruptly as I read Sally’s account of her experience of sexual violence. In fact, I was ashamed of myself for being quick to judge. She is truly an inspiration, and I am so grateful that she shared her experience and knowledge. Sally Clark has effectively turned her trauma into her power. This non-fiction book about a devastating reality was somehow entertaining. It was enjoyable to follow her on her journey and learn how to awaken my inner goddess. The author is a talented writer and a powerful role model.

This is a well-written and well-organized book. There are a few missing and misspelled words, but these mistakes did not cause distractions. The rhythmic flow of the author’s writing made it a pleasure to read.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is a book that not only mothers of daughters should read. There is a serious flaw in the way our society handles every aspect of sexuality. Everyone should read Sally’s story and advice. She understands that we need to empower our girls to create a better and safe society, but we must prepare them for the dangers of the society we live in today.

The Way Of The Warrior Mama
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like an emotional and inspirational story. It must be really intense to read.
Asavela
Favorite Book: Island Games
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asavela.html
Latest Review: Barbra Streisand: On the Couch by Alma H. Bond, Ph.D.

Post by Asavela »

The way of the warrior mama; it sounds like a page turner. that was a great review i would love to read it
SexyMcFly
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SexyMcFly »

I just started reading it and it seems to be so interesting. I can’t wait to know the entire story. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

This intrigues me, especially because I have two daughters. I'll admit, I thought the author was paranoid too, until you admitted that assumption yourself and, after reading the book, changed your mind. Now I'm very interested in reading The Way of the Warrior Mama, but I'm also nervous about reading it - a pretty good sign I should just buckle down and check it out. Thanks for the great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Adeniji
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Adeniji »

This book is very interesting because it main core is gender issue especially girl . female children should be given maximum protection and also free from violence and sex abuse
Ezeoje_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ezeoje_1 »

The way of a warrior mama appears as a pointer to rejuvenating womanhood especially among the young ladies. It is pretty nice!
arcie72
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcie72.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by arcie72 »

Your review was honest and revealing. Thank you. Sally is a warrior and not a victim. I am glad she has set that example for her daughters. I can relate to the story as I grew up a naïve young woman in a male dominated organization. I am strong but there were dangers out there I wasn't prepared for. I agree that all girls or women could learn from this book. Some mothers are not comfortable talking to their children and having a book that can help girls/women in life is a must. I applaud Sally for sharing her story and for your review.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

A very emotional book. A good guide to protect the girl child. Thanks for the review.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

I was so proud when I gave birth to a baby girl just last year. Often I find myself getting concerned about her future and safety. I welcome a book like this. Thank you for the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow! I can't imagine having to experience something like this as a mother. I'm glad that she was able to turn this experience into something positive to keep others from going through the same thing. It definitely sounds like a worthy read. Thanks so much for the introduction to the book!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I totally agree with your assessment of society's pigeonholing of the woman into the angel/whore binary. This sounds like a book which addresses and corrects that perspective, which is both inspiring and worthy of admiration. Thank you for your insightful review!
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

This is a must read for everyone in a society. It exposes issues that women are facing everyday and incriminations that torment one's soul.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”