Official Review: The American Dream Door to Door Milliona...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Re: Official Review: The American Dream Door to Door Milliona...

Post by CommMayo »

Social Butterfly wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 07:25 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
But it's completely hilarious that the author didn't even bother to proofread this simple book. For marketing advice, I guess I'll look elsewhere.
Look your reviews by the way 8-)
Crazy, isn't it? Thank you for your compliment.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Well, thanks for getting through this book...
I didn't realize door to door was still a thing, with the exception of school kids, religion promoters, and perhaps political candidates. Thanks for the great review!
Cristina Chifane
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I've recently reviewed a badly edited book too. When it started to really bother me, I kept asking myself why so many mistakes? I mean, I understand that every book has its share of typos and even occasional grammar mistakes, but I can't understand such an overwhelming number in the first place. How can you get carried away so much as to forget ordinary rules? Anyway, I have never really been too interested in sales or marketing strategies. Besides, I have to tell you a little secret. I don't open my door to any salespersons. :) And I am the one who decides what's being bought. Not even in shops do I have the patience to listen to somebody trying to convince me to buy a certain product. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

cristinaro wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 07:06 Not even in shops do I have the patience to listen to somebody trying to convince me to buy a certain product. Thanks for your review!
I really hate being marketed to as well. I've gotten to the point that I can't even watch commercials on TV or listen to them on the radio...they just insult my intelligence.
Social Butterfly
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-social-butterfly.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B01LFV5SI6

Post by Social Butterfly »

CommMayo wrote:04 Jun 2018, 08:03
Social Butterfly wrote:04 Jun 2018, 07:25 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
But it's completely hilarious that the author didn't even bother to proofread this simple book. For marketing advice, I guess I'll look elsewhere.
Look your reviews by the way 8-)
Crazy, isn't it? Thank you for your compliment.
:lol2: Look at me laughing at some author when I forgot to proofread my own comment. Hilarious :lol2:
Love your reviews :tiphat:
AmySmiles
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

A great review. I am not into marketing, although I do have to do a little at my job, but I could never see myself doing door to door sales. Thanks for a very thorough review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

It's a little sad when books get rushed through to publication and no one can be bothered to proof-read and edit.

It's like, hey look everyone, I published a book! And then let the reader suffer...

Thanks for the honest review. My first thought about door to door selling was omg is it safe? And as someone commented, yes it might work for the elderly. I think it's great that the system works for someone but I agree, it seems a little outdated.
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

I would love to learn the mechanics for proper advertising and sales etiquette.I'm interested in this book.
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

I would love to learn the mechanics for proper advertising and sales etiquette.I'm interested in this book.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

I agree with you that these types of books are difficult to rate. I'm shocked you found so many errors on the first page alone. In most cases, that simple fact would deter me from reading any further. It seems your one out of four star rating is substantiated. Thanks for your thoughts.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”