Official Review: A Hole in my Road by Bob S

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Re: Official Review: A Hole in my Road by Bob S

Post by revna01 »

kdstrack wrote: 28 May 2018, 22:09 Addictions are hard on everyone. These stories are so inspiring and helpful for others. Thanks for a great review.
Thank you for reading and commenting!
revna01
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

danielsyengo wrote: 28 May 2018, 23:34 Wow! I would like to read this. It can help me help someone. I have some relatives who are addicts of alcohol and tobacco.
I hope it helps! Thank you for your comments!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

davieschairax+ wrote: 29 May 2018, 00:11 The review sounds very interesting to read. I will look for it where and about for me to catch the glimpse.
Great! Thanks for reading and commenting!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Kendra M Parker wrote: 29 May 2018, 07:10 This is a topic that is often ignored or swept under the rug. I’m so glad to see that someone is addressing the triggers and how to get help without placing blame on anyone. No one ever plans to become an addict, and the most important part is knowing how to get help for yourself and your family. It’s only too bad that this book needed more editing. I hate to see that mar an otherwise excellent book.
Your comments are spot-on! Thank you for sharing your thoughts :)
revna01

Post by revna01 »

NL Hartje wrote: 29 May 2018, 11:39 The author seems to hit the nail on the head with "denial and selective memory" as components to addictive behaviors. Addicts in my family are notorious for these character traits. I think this might be a helpful book for me! Thanks for this review!
Exactly, denial and selective memory really stood out to me as well. I hope the information in this book can be of service to you. Thanks for reading and commenting!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

kandscreeley wrote: 29 May 2018, 18:26 It's too bad about the errors. Because this sounds like it has a very wide reaching audience. I'm glad that the author was able to share his experiences. Thanks for sharing this one with us.
And the errors were pretty small! Unfortunately, though, there were more than ten. So that's that :/
Thanks for commenting!
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

SABRADLEY wrote: 29 May 2018, 23:21
Mely918 wrote: 28 May 2018, 21:59 This is a wonderful review, and the book sounds like a very good read. I'll make sure to add it to my bookshelf so I can read it later.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate it :)
No problem! Thank you for writing such a lovely review! :D
Adora_300
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adora-300.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward

Post by Adora_300 »

It seems like a book that I should read being that I share a similarity with the author in regards to feeling depressed fro being overlooked as a child. I didn't turn to alcohol though and therefore do not feel that i'll be able to relate although the reading.

Nice review though!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Adora_300 wrote: 30 May 2018, 23:13 It seems like a book that I should read being that I share a similarity with the author in regards to feeling depressed fro being overlooked as a child. I didn't turn to alcohol though and therefore do not feel that i'll be able to relate although the reading.

Nice review though!
Thank you :)
I agree with you...if you don't know anyone struggling with chemical dependency, this isn't the book for you. I'm sorry to hear you felt overlooked in your childhood! What a horrible feeling that is!! There are plenty of books on this site that are more likely to be relatable to you. Thanks for your comments
Lizzie Robinson
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-robinson.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lizzie Robinson »

This is a wonderfully written review. I normally don’t read this sort of book but I admit, this one has caught my interest.
elwhiz
Favorite Book: Harry Potter: A Journey Through A History of Magic
Currently Reading: Fire Girl
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by elwhiz »

thanks for the review, am eager to read the book
tkrapish
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tkrapish.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by tkrapish »

Thank you for the informative review. I saw the book and was intrigued by the title. The title makes sense now. You did a great job summarizing the book. Thanks. Your review made it easy for me to decide to read the book.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Great review. I'll definitely be reading this book as it applies to issues I'm facing.
Ka+te-cathy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ka+te-cathy5 »

Beautiful review. From the review, I already want to read the book because of its honesty and the motivation. Nice. Thanks
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Lizzie Robinson wrote: 31 May 2018, 20:23 This is a wonderfully written review. I normally don’t read this sort of book but I admit, this one has caught my interest.
Thanks so much for reading and for the compliment :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”