Official Review: A Hole in my Road by Bob S

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Re: Official Review: A Hole in my Road by Bob S

Post by revna01 »

tkrapish wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 21:49 Thank you for the informative review. I saw the book and was intrigued by the title. The title makes sense now. You did a great job summarizing the book. Thanks. Your review made it easy for me to decide to read the book.
Great!
Thanks for taking a few minutes to read and comment!
revna01
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

prospero360 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 03:24 Great review. I'll definitely be reading this book as it applies to issues I'm facing.
I hope you find it helpful... Best of luck.
Thanks for reading and commenting :)
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Ka+te-cathy5 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 20:21 Beautiful review. From the review, I already want to read the book because of its honesty and the motivation. Nice. Thanks
I appreciate your insights. Thank you for reading and commenting :)
RedLetter
Currently Reading: The War Within, the Story of Josef
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redletter.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by RedLetter »

This was a beautifully written review and definitely makes me want to read this book. I have never understood how someone could become addicted to alcohol, but it sounds like this book is personalized to the point that you could step into the author's shoes and take a first-hand look. Thank you for sharing.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

RedLetter wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 17:16 This was a beautifully written review and definitely makes me want to read this book. I have never understood how someone could become addicted to alcohol, but it sounds like this book is personalized to the point that you could step into the author's shoes and take a first-hand look. Thank you for sharing.
I appreciate you reading and leaving your thoughts :)
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

It was a concise review but it left me wondering: was the critical and huge significance of of spiritual enlightenment discussed here exhaustively? Because in my opinion, which is based on my experience with drug addicts, nothing will make an addict completely, 100% free from illegal substances if he is not touched by God's hands. No amount of rehabilitation, counselling, begging, and understanding will make an addict shun illegal drugs. I am not very religious but only God will heal, if a person seeks His guidance.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Misael wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 18:58 It was a concise review but it left me wondering: was the critical and huge significance of of spiritual enlightenment discussed here exhaustively? Because in my opinion, which is based on my experience with drug addicts, nothing will make an addict completely, 100% free from illegal substances if he is not touched by God's hands. No amount of rehabilitation, counselling, begging, and understanding will make an addict shun illegal drugs. I am not very religious but only God will heal, if a person seeks His guidance.
Many topics are addressed, and spiritually is among them. While there are different techniques that work for different individuals, I'm certainly happy to hear the role God had in the recovery of those suffering with addiction. Thank you for stopping by to share your insights :)
Niceau
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Niceau »

:D I loved the way you did this review. You told how many pages there was and you described the book very well. I’m very pleased.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Niceau wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 16:58 :D I loved the way you did this review. You told how many pages there was and you described the book very well. I’m very pleased.
I'm glad to hear the encouraging feedback. Thanks so much for reading and commenting :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”