Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tajwar Shakir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tajwar-shakir.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Tajwar Shakir »

Well! I have interest in spirituality amd meditation and this synopsis urges me to go for this book to be added to my shelf for future read. Moreover the genre as being non fiction and autobiographical make it interesting book to go for reading too. Thanks for the review!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I really enjoyed reading your review. Very engaging and comprehensive. I really appreciate knowing about this book. I am one of those people who has sampled numerous religious and spiritual traditions. I like something about all of them, so I think I would like this book. I will check it out. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by ShareTheGift »

I am currently reading this book and so far enjoying the author's recounting of his journey and experiences.

Spiritual to me, even as a Eastern Catholic, still symbolizes our connectedness with everything in our universe.

For me it is through God and Jesus Christ, for others it may be a different path.

It does not mean that I cannot appreciate their journey or that I need to hide myself away from or discount their experiences.

So far I have not encountered anything that would make me stop reading the book.

Thank you for the detailed review!
DanniBear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DanniBear »

The Unbound Soul was a different read. When reading the title it sounded to be "just another Christian book." I enjoy some Christian books, but feel that they are forced. I do not feel religious beliefs are to be forced. However, The Unbound Soul gifts it's audience with exploration and adventure. The reader travels through the struggles of the author, as the author lay out his own questioning issues. I honestly relate to the "what if?" questions the author presents. This is very well written and nicely laid out. I would definitely recommend The Unbound Soul to family and friends.
Lrfox6291
Currently Reading:

Post by Lrfox6291 »

I found this book very helpful.
DandMMothers
Currently Reading: King Donald Khrump
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dandmmothers.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by DandMMothers »

Your review was so very detailed. I think I will read this book. I certainly have no religion but I am spiritual. This is my type of book.
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

Spirituality according to me is personal and each one has their own thoughts and ways of being spiritual. I liked a few of the things mentioned in the review like observed meditation, and what to eat and avoid. I am intrigued to read the authors experience and thoughts on spirituality. I believe, there is always something to learn from others experience.
Adolphus123

Post by Adolphus123 »

Hmm! Would definitely want to read this book.
niceishak
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by niceishak »

What a great review: its definitely going to be on my want to read and it-shirts good for those that are religious and want to go on a spiritual path..
thanks for the review
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A self-help book that guides readers towards finding their own path in life sounds uplifting. It is nice that the book consists of autobiography, spiritual teachings, and instructional exercises. That it was well edited is another plus. It isn't for me, but I am glad you enjoyed the book even though you didn't agree with all its points. Thank you and good luck!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Thanks for the honest and detailed review. I think I might pass on this one, though!
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

There is always learning to be had from true to life stories; lessons we can apply to better ourselves. Happy reading to the fans of inspirational genre.
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

Thanks for the well written review. I reviewed this one a little while back, and while I wasn't a fan of it, I can see how it would be a good read for the right type of person. The authors description of different meditation techniques could probably help a lot of people.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

The story sounds amazing but there are sentiments in the story that kinda conflict with my conscience. I will pass this one. Thank you for your awesome review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

This self-help book is very well organized and I found the writing style adopted by the author to be engaging as well as humorous at times. The early chapters provide an account of his early life in order for the reader to understand his concern for the mind. He believes that being aware of one’s consciousness leads to wellness. The author discusses spirituality, Tao, Buddhism, yoga, meditation and healthy eating.

It does appear to have a new age perspective about it so it may not appeal to some people but for those exploring their own spirituality or interested in the overall well-being, this could be a useful guide.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”