Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Res Alexis
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight [March 2019 Book of the Month]

Post by Res Alexis » 07 Feb 2019, 12:37

The way you wrote demonstrated that you were touched by the story. One who gives views about spirituality based on experiences witnessed in their lives is one I love listening to as there is realism in the facts presented. I also love such stories since it goes to show that every soul has a path way to God if there is true sincerity in an individual's salutations.

Elsereen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsereen.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Elsereen » 07 Feb 2019, 14:08

The review it self sounds so captivating, what more of the book? felt like am consuming the whole book, and I will like to read the book to gasp the bigger picture of the meditation techniques, and the inspirational tough in the book

ChydeanmahE95
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 5
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chydeanmahe95.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by ChydeanmahE95 » 09 Feb 2019, 09:47

I am intrigued at how the writer combines Christianity, meditation techniques, health, and Japanese culture in one book. I do hope it is as interesting as it sounds. I identify as a christian but I also love practicing other beliefs and traditions.
The faintest pen is sharper than the mightiest sword.

audreyspency

Post by audreyspency » 09 Feb 2019, 23:45

Things that make you go hmm... I'm interested to see what's in the book that is worth a ponder. I like reading about others' spiritual insights and viewpoints. Doesn't mean I have to agree with them, it just interests me how people think. Each to their own, I'd say.

Chrystal Oaks
2019 Reading Goal: 24
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Favorite Book: The Sister Circle
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chrystal Oaks » 10 Feb 2019, 17:32

I want to read this book based on the title and cover. After reading your review, I definitely want to read The Unbound Soul. Haight sharing his dream from Jesus surprised me. I say this because my mom had an experience with Jesus when she 21 years old; no one believed her except me. I plan on reading this book next. Thank you for the thorough review.

:techie-reference:

Timidio

Post by Timidio » 10 Feb 2019, 19:52

To me I find the book zealous and inspiring to a free thinker like me it helps a lot and transform my motion of mind .

Chikari
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari » 11 Feb 2019, 01:35

This book sounds like a super neat read! It is definitely something I'd normally read, so I'll be checking it out.
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**

KSaxer
Currently Reading: 24 Hours That Changed The World
Bookshelf Size: 615
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksaxer.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by KSaxer » 11 Feb 2019, 07:43

The review has made me curious enough to want to read this book. I would like to see what the author has to say about spirituality and compare it to my own belief.

Breehayes
Currently Reading: Just A Friend
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Breehayes » 11 Feb 2019, 10:28

This is a very nice review with a good recommendation

Delaney35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Delaney35 » 11 Feb 2019, 12:58

Thank you for the helpful review. I am usually not much of self-help book person, however it sounds like this is an excellent one and maybe worth reading. I think that having an introduction to the author will help me appreciate that book more since it sets up a personal narrative right from the start instead of just advice.

Xoh-jay

Post by Xoh-jay » 11 Feb 2019, 15:00

I really love it particularly the spiritual aspects of it, I will encourage other that May like to read the book

_Delly_01
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by _Delly_01 » 11 Feb 2019, 20:56

I've never read a self help book before, and I don't intend to read one, but you have definitely intrigued me. Your review is in-depth, and the effort you have put into researching the author's personal life journey shows how much you enjoyed this read. What I like most about your review is how you've been considerate of other people's religions, indicating what might be readily accepted and what won't, but shown the degrees to which it might still be helpful-- such as the diet changes and meditation you have undertaken yourself. You have provided a balanced and honest review, and I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you. :)

BelleReadsNietzsche
2019 Reading Goal: 36
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche » 11 Feb 2019, 23:33

This is a great review! I appreciate the detail. These kinds of books are often very hit-or-miss for me. I am not immediately grabbed to read it and may find it redundant when taken with some other books I have read, but who am I to begrudge this specific individual telling his story?

I probably will read it because it is going to be the BotM. Thanks for helping me know what to expect!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)

Dic45ta
Currently Reading: The last Assassination
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dic45ta.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Dic45ta » 12 Feb 2019, 02:58

Religion has always been an emotional spot in my life which I find difficult to talk about so I genuinely commend the author for visiting that part of his personal space and inspiring lives with it. Thanks for the review, it was very detailed.

imshaima
2019 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: The Fine Print and Other Yarns
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imshaima.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by imshaima » 12 Feb 2019, 09:55

It intrigues me to learn about other people's spiritual journey. Even if I don't completely agree on some points but I find it refreshing to learn different perspective on certain topics especially when it comes to beliefs. Not to mention, it is a very sensitive topic. I have had added this book to my 'want to read' list a while ago and would like to read it soon. Thank you for the review.
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
Albert Camus

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”